Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I finally got my new Pachmayr ALS grips yesterday! They did require a slight modification to work with the ambi safety, but 10 minutes with a dremmel and I was golden! Here is the eye candy, let me know what you think...

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice Rocketfoot, now I know what mine'll look like when I get them. Those makes the PT1911 look that much nicer than with the standard plastic factory grips, and no doubt feel much nicer to wrap your hand around as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
:eek: Rocketfoot those grips are frekin SWEET!!! I want to order a PT 1911 just so I can put those grips on the gun. You have a beautiful gun there show her off with PRIDE!!!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
RocketFoot said:
OK guys, I finally got my new Pachmayr ALS grips yesterday! They did require a slight modification to work with the ambi safety, but 10 minutes with a dremmel and I was golden! Here is the eye candy, let me know what you think...
You're good with your camera... how about taking some pics showing how you modified the grips to fit the ambi-safety. A bunch of guys are going to be looking at replacing those black plastic grips and some good pictures would be a real asset!!!

PS... the grips look great!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea...I should have snapped a few when I did the mod, but I will after this weekend. Going to camp to bust a few rounds, so she will need a good cleaning when I get back. I'll take the grips off and get a pic or two.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I'd been checking out a few various auctions on Ebay, when lo and behold, I ran across this. From the description given, it sounds as though the seller inset the Taurus medallions into the wood himself.
I thought some here may find them interesting. ;D

Funnily enough, the seller doesn't live too far from me.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Rocketfoot... I have been looking at your grips... and I have a PT1911 ordered... should be in tomorrow... and I just ordered the grips. However, I plan to do the frame in stainless which would still look really sharp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
RocketFoot said:
Very Nice! I like the engraved initials! I have been looking for ivory grips with Molon Labe in greek letters! I think that would be cool...
Thanks. These were made by Sid Ryan, [email protected]. He can make just about anything you want. I sent him a color pic of the State Seal and you see the results. You can chreck out his work at:

http://www.sidryan.com/

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Well RocketFoot... in the words of Jerry Clower's infamous Marcel... "Ya' done flung a craven' on me!"

Here is where I think I'll stop for now. I intended to do the reverse (black slide and silver frame) but once I got down and saw the look, I knew this was the true calling of this gun!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Just patience and fitting and trying and fitting and grinding and fitting... did I mention patience? It wouldn't have been so hard if I realized that the slot needed to be cut higher, but at least it looks nice... no holes in the grips.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a couple pair of grips for the 1911 that have been customized with factory medallions, pictured in the firearms section of the classifieds..for better pic's of those and more I have not listed, please contact me at: [email protected] ....happy trails..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts