Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have 350 rounds through my new PT1911. Took it apart to clean it this weekend and saw this. Doesn't look right to me. To me the barrel link looks bent. The guide rod has a decent sized ding in it. From what I guess is the barrel link?

Attachments

·
Administrator
41,031 Posts
The link does look crooked to me too. As for the ding in the back of the guiderod, I think it's where it was punched to keep it from unscrewing. Mine has one there, although not quite as big. So hows it shooting? No issues, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
If it's a worry to you then you could install a buffer spring or pad; or you could go to a heavier recoil spring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay well that dent being normal makes me happy but the gun is shooting low and to the right. Also it jammed three times. Where the slide didnt go all the way forward. One time it was almost all the way two times it was about half way forward.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
What kind of ammo were you using. Could be that the gun just need to be shot more to break in.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
mine looks the same. I have added hoppes gun grease to all the moving parts in the slide. It seems to do the trick and has run flawlessly for last 2000 rounds
jhp

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
That imprint is a stake mark to keep things together.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
The link looks like the least of your problems, the lower lugs don't look like they are the same thickness or even fit right. your pistol maybe riding the link and streching it. could you include a side picture of the lower lugs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here is more pictures. I'm guna use my dial caliper at work to measure the barrel lug thickness tomorrow. Also sometimes the brass will hit on the slide right behind the ejection port. Was told this was fine tho.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
what make barrel is that ? doesn't look like a factory taurus barrel. did you buy the pistol new or used ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes brought it to the gun shop where I got it. Owner is all about 1911s and put in a better barrel link and it fit way better guna try it out this weekend hopefully. My stock taurus one is garbage and the slide stop hole is oblong. But it's what you get for a cheap 1911 with MIM parts I guess. Seems to me depends on how much the person cared who fitted the gun.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Actually, I don't believe the barrel link is MIM, but I do agree with your last statement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts