Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Quick question before I start 'fitting', or attempting to fit, the extended slide release. The Wilson extended slide release I got for my PT1911SS was not drop in. After I installed another Wilson ESR on my MAC Amigo with no problem, I tried the original from the MAC on the Taurus and it did not fit either, and the first one I bought for the Taurus did fit the MAC. Before I try to do some 'fitting', does anybody know if it is even possible?? Thanks Much. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a Wilson Combat ESR, it dropped in but my grips were too big and it wasn't worth it to me to grind down my grips. I think I read some people have to take some burrs of the ESR. If anyone wants to buy mine PM me ;)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I had to fit an extended slide release on my PT1911. Don't remember the brand but with jeweler files wasn't difficult to do. Also had to notch out the left grip panel for clearance.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS!! I know some of Taurus' parts are a 'little different', so I wanted to make sure before I started down a dead end.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
i have a wilson combat extended slide release on my pt 1911, it dropped right in. i don't haved the ss model, i have blue BHW it cleared the grips without any alteration. photos from dales phone 282.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts