I reviewed the commander sized PT1911 a few months ago, There were issues with the pistol, FTF,FTE, and double feeds. The review is below. I could have fixed it myself with a new extractor and polishing ramps, but I wanted Taurus to fix the problem for me under warranty. This is how the process went:
- I logged onto the TaurusUSA web site and selected chat with service rep option.
- It took about 10 minutes for a chat agent to open up our dialogue. This was at 10:30 am CST. We then spent about 20 minutes in a question and answer session which resulted in him opening a repair ticket and emailing me a shipping label.
- I sent the pistol in on May 21st , and received an email May 25th that it had been received. I also received a letter in the mail a week later. The chat agent and the letter both stated this would be a 12 week wait for the repair.
- 11 weeks from the day they received it, I got the repaired pistol back via fedex.
- Inside the box was a letter explaining they had replaced the extractor, polished the ramps, and test fired.
- I had a fail to feed right off, when using a new Taurus PT1911 8 round magazine from ebay. However I switched to the magazine that came with the pistol and the other 6 magazines I use for my Colt1911, and it functioned perfectly. All total I have run about 120 rounds through it with no failures. The pistol shoots low (about 1 inch at 15 yards), but I bet that may improve with more breaking in. I may replace the sights in the future.
- So to wrap it up , Taurus CS did repair the pistol in the time frame they quoted. All is good now.