·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate to say it, but it is kind of ugly looking with that tac/rail. But I just have to have it...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gray_Wolf said:
I agree, looks better w/o the rail, but than again I don't liek rails on 1911s ;)
Still gotta have it... :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Gotta have the stainless too! Well, when it's released. :D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thats a bit high in price but hey most of the gunbroker stuff now days is too high, I dont like rails on 1911's either but it looks better then some I have seen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rail models are not available yet. Who ever won the bid, is going to wait for long time.

As for rails on 1911's, thats the ugliest thing to do to a beautiful design.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Several people here and in other forums in have seen them at shows/dealers and according to Richard from Taurus, they were shipping first part of October.

I would not be surprised if the first ones out went for a premium price... supply and demand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you say so.

I remember when the original PT1911 was announced there were auctions as well. People were waiting 3-4 months. Taurus does not show these as available yet, even the stainless is not available.

I would not bid on these until I see one in a gun store. Seeing a pistol at a gun show can be misleading.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
People have been seeing them in stores not just shows, ask your dealer to call and get you one and you will see they do exist :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
My dealer got back with me on the PT1911 stainless and said that it will most likely not be seen until after the shot show in 2008 or later! They quoted me a new price of TAURUS 1911 5" 8RD STS 45ACP $536.00

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought one of the PT1911AR's today. My dealer had ordered a standard PT1911 for a customer, and Taurus shipped one with the rail. He offered it to me at his cost. What could I do? ;D It is a nice, accurate gun. If mine is a representative sample, I might trade my well-used Colt Combat Commander for a Taurus Commander when they start making them. The extra weight of the rail makes it a soft-shooting 45. The only thing I'm going to change are the plastic grips for some nice, wood ones. Also, even though the matte blue finish is kind-of ho-hum, I much prefer it to any of the parkerized finishes you see on lots of 1911's today. I'm officially in the 'I like the PT1911' camp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts