Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks a couple of questions.

1. Are the Hogue grips legal for IPSC/USPSA single stack competition? (Sounds legal from reading the rule books, but wondering if anyone had a more definitive answer)

2. Does it need any cutting, Dremelling or fitting for the ambi safety?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
mr. wolf said:
Does it need any cutting, Dremelling or fitting for the ambi safety?
"my new set of Pachmayer American Legend Series 1911 grips arrived and I installed them without haste. It took an extra ten minutes with a Dremel tool to carve out the underside of the right grip panel to accommodate the PT1911's ambidextrous right side safety lever"

from RocketFoot's PT1911 review

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6415

i'm assuming the right side safety will require some hacking for the hogue as well? i'm also interested in hearing some input on this. and i just love those Pachmayer grips

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
mr. wolf said:
2. Does it need any cutting, Dremelling or fitting for the ambi safety?

Cheers,
I put a set on my PT1911 and it didn't require any modifications in regards to the safety. They were a bit snug however and it took a bit of tugging and turning until I was able to pop them into place. They're there for good now. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taurus_9mm said:
I put a set on my PT1911 and it didn't require any modifications in regards to the safety. They were a bit snug however and it took a bit of tugging and turning until I was able to pop them into place. They're there for good now. :p
Thank you for the input. I like the simplicity and ruggedness of the Hogues over the Pachys.
Now only if someone knew about the IPSC rules... :)
Cheers,

·
Registered
162 Posts
Can't say anything about the IPSC rules, but the Hogue's went on without any mods. The only trouble was they were a bit tight and fitting was as easy as on two other pistols I've put them on. Really improved the feel of the pistol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.