Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I finally got sick of my stock Heinie front sight and am taking it off and replacing it. Does anyone know iff the top of their head what size allen wrench it needs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Hey guys. I finally got sick of my stock Heinie front sight and am taking it off and replacing it. Does anyone know iff the top of their head what size allen wrench it needs?

Thanks!
If it is the same as the Heine sights on the other PT Pro or Millenium Pro series (PT 640, PT145, etc)
The front sight takes a 1.5mm Allen wrench, and the rear sight takes a 2mm Allen wrench.

One minor warning - if you need to by an Allen wrench or a set, make SURE that you get a good quality set, as I have rounded off some of the cheap Chinese 1.5mm Allen wrenches. The Home Depot house brand has worked fine, and they will replace the wrench if it gets rounded. Some of the sockets on the Heinies have been tight, and those tiny wrenches are not very strong.

As an FYI, I have had good luck replacing the heinie sights on my PT Pro series pistols with a Williams Firesights adjustable rear sight, and a HiViz front sight (instead of the Williams front Firesight). The Williams Firesight front sight was TOO TALL!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll go get a decent one tomorrow. I don't care if I have to grind the thing off, that front Heinie is coming off :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts