Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my brand spankin new PT145Pro to the range today and fired 100 rounds of 230 gr Winchester white box FMJ with no glitches at all ;D. The recoil as mentioned by other PT145Pro owners was a lot better than what I imagined it would be. The accuracy for a subcompact 45 cal pistol is impressive. I did not have any problems at all with the Heini sights, thanks to all the posters who gave advice on how to shoot with the straight eights. My PT145Pro just took over and is NOW my primary carry weapon! This is gun is A.W.E.S.O.M.E! If there is anyone out there that is thinking about getting this gun, get it now and you won't be disappointed. ;D
 

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
Joined
·
6,541 Posts
I'm glad to see you like it. Thanks for the report. I would like to ask though ... did you clean and oil it before you went out with it or is this straight out of the box?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flyer said:
I'm glad to see you like it. Thanks for the report. I would like to ask though ... did you clean and oil it before you went out with it or is this straight out of the box?
Answer: It has been my practice that I clean any new gun before taking it to the range, I have not shot a new gun without cleaning it and taking the excess oil out then a put a light coat of oil on the rails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
The more you shoot these, the more you like them. That's what I found out about mine. I typically clean a new gun thoroughly before taking it to the range, but this one came so nice and clean in the box that I just took it out and tried a box through it without cleaning it first. Worked great. A good cleaning after that first range trip yeilded very little debris from the factory that I have found in other new guns. (My Taurus PT22 was filthy and dripping with grease everywhere, even under the grips) What a great carry gun in a compact package, .45acp, no less. Best value out there in a big caliber conceal gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I bought my PT145 in January and went straight from the LGS to the range with 200rds of CCi Blazer ammo to see if this gun was as good as everyone has said. Let me tell you "I LIKE IT". Not one single problem with the gun at all, ran thru the CCI ammo like butter, sofar I've got about 450rds thru it and only cleaned it once. In fact I didn't clean it before I took my Re-Qual for my CHL on Saturday and it worked perfectly. With the Don Hume 715 holster and the PT145 I believe I've found the best CCW anywhere. ;D ;D ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
785 Posts
slow944 said:
I bought my PT145 in January and went straight from the LGS to the range with 200rds of CCi Blazer ammo to see if this gun was as good as everyone has said. Let me tell you "I LIKE IT". Not one single problem with the gun at all, ran thru the CCI ammo like butter, sofar I've got about 450rds thru it and only cleaned it once. In fact I didn't clean it before I took my Re-Qual for my CHL on Saturday and it worked perfectly. With the Don Hume 715 holster and the PT145 I believe I've found the best CCW anywhere. ;D ;D ;D
I agree with your assessment, but I would caution that ALL SMALL GUNS need cleaning after a trip to the range. If nothing more than a nylon brush and break free to clean the crud and a LITTLE slide oil. Remember that cleanliness is close to Godliness!

Big, loose guns then to have allowances for a lot of crud. Small guns means small areas that can be caked with dirty powder. Don't let the gun suffer for you lack of attention! From what I've heard, the small (officers) models of the 1911's are a real stickler for cleanliness, and FTF because of it.

But then... these little guns give you the feeling that you've REALLY been to the shooting range. Not the recoil, but the authority of a .45 ACP in such a small package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Good report Chief (exprt9). I'll b pikin my pt145 up tommarrow.... HM3 1st MarDiv
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SkidLid said:
Good report Chief (exprt9). I'll b pikin my pt145 up tommarrow.... HM3 1st MarDiv
Thanks, SkidLid! Should I call you Squid or Devil Dog? How about just plain Doc. ;D

I hope that you'll like your new PT145, mine has been flawless after 400 rounds so far.

Be safe! Hooorah! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
DANGEROUS Doc now Chief, gonna have me a pt145 later. Corpsmen r like people with personality disorders, green or blue. When on LPD, squid. When in field, devildoc. Will have my own range report on this Olive Drab 45 beauty 4 ya soon. Later, Chief p.s. what was your n.e.c.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SkidLid said:
DANGEROUS Doc now Chief, gonna have me a pt145 later. Corpsmen r like people with personality disorders, green or blue. When on LPD, squid. When in field, devildoc. Will have my own range report on this Olive Drab 45 beauty 4 ya soon. Later, Chief p.s. what was your n.e.c.?
Anyone can make rate, but only God can make a Boatswain's mate! :D When I was a Corpsman striker, there were too many people ahead of me striking for Hospital Corpsman and I had to make rate fast since I was getting married. So, I ended up being a Deck ape but made Chief in 10.5 years ;D.

I have been working with Ford Motor Company since I went on terminal leave 7 years ago. Go figure, a Chief Boat's working as an engineer! Life is Good!

Be safe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
It's a fact Chief, BoatswainsMates run the Navy. There's no other rate that can say that. I'm from Detroit so u have my kudo's in that regard too. Grandpa retired from Christler and my uncle currently runs main security. I grew up behind a Ford truck assembly plant....oh but now ya got me gettin all nastolgic and mushy. Well anyway, U should check out the new 45, although it doesn't quite fit with the generation differences described in the FAQ section. They may need to update that. Rails mainly. I still havn't found anyone else with an OD green model, and they're not represented in the catalog...weird
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top