Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the new PT145's having any magazine problems??
I have owned several of the pistols in the past and considering purchasing a new one again. Mine didn't have magazine problems, however mine were from 2005 or so.

Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
Mine is an early 3rd gen and I've not had any issues.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Mine is 3rd Gen and have had no problems!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
No problems here either.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I think the PT145 mag issues have been resolved.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My Gen 3 PT-145 runs a fist full of factory magazines without any issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
No issues here with my Gen 3 either! I have had it for 3 years.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Mine is a 3rd gen and I did have some issues. A little work breaking them in pretty much solved the issues. I recommend fully loading them, and unloading and reloading them several times a day for several weeks. Leaving them loaded will help the springs to take a set, and unloading and reloading will work the spring and help to weaken it a bit. The other thing with new mags is that the feed lips tend to be a tad tight - but they should loosen up with use. And lastly, PT145's don't like to be limp wristed which can cause feed problems. A very firm push/pull grip is in order. Like I said, I had some issues, but I still love that little hand canon. I still look around at other compact 45's but I always come to the same conclusion - there's just nothing else around that compares to the PT145 in terms of trigger, capacity, controls, ergonomics, weight, shootability, accuracy, and size. It's got it all. My $.02

·
Administrator
39,387 Posts
Mine was born in 2007. No issues either.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Mine had a cracked mag catch. dropped magazines right out of the box. sent it to Miami, got back in 10 days and no problems since.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I got one last year and had some issues in the beginning, but after a break in time they are working fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My PT145 still has these problems, and it was made in 2010. Both magazines in the box as well as the 12rd 24/7c magazine periodically nosedive on the first round. I have to keep upward pressure on the magazine while I release the slide for it to load properly. I have also noticed that if I load a round from a full magazine on a closed, empty chamber, the action of pulling back the slide both gouges the brass on that top round, and when I finally get it back (it's extremely hard to pull back on this first round in a full magazine), it nosedives while trying to load.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gun issue not mag issue

My PT145 still has these problems, and it was made in 2010. Both magazines in the box as well as the 12rd 24/7c magazine periodically nosedive on the first round. I have to keep upward pressure on the magazine while I release the slide for it to load properly. I have also noticed that if I load a round from a full magazine on a closed, empty chamber, the action of pulling back the slide both gouges the brass on that top round, and when I finally get it back (it's extremely hard to pull back on this first round in a full magazine), it nosedives while trying to load.

This definitely sounds like an issue with the gun itself and not a mag issue. If it is doing it with all the mags and you have to hold them up they are not being held in the proper position in the gun. I would recommend contacting Taurus and getting it sent in right away. It will cost $20 or so to send it in depending on your local ffl dealer and what they charge you. Taurus will fix the gun and send it back thru your ffl and you should have it back good as new within a couple weeks. I had a mag issue with one of the mags that came with my used pro145 but the other worked fine so I just sent in the bad mag and received a brand new one in the mail within a week.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I have both a 2nd gen and 3rd gen PT145... both are flawless.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Both my 3rd gen mags have worked flawlessly, so have the three 24/7 12 round mags with sleeves that I use with the PT145 at times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Mill Pro PT145 last Feb and it was full of problems. I shot about 60 rounds through it and had 7 misfires and the magazine wouldn't feed after 3-4 rounds. I called CS and they wanted the gun back. 15 days later I got my gun back and it works great except for feeding problems once in a while. I'm hoping it just needs to break in. The problems they found are a bit odd in a new gun imho. They replaced the captive firing pin spring, the recoil spring was weak and that was replaced and switched the mags that came with the gun with new ones. Hopefully they'll break in soon.
In spite of all that I like this gun. It feels better then most other guns I've had for CC and I've read excellent reviews so I figure I'll keep it awhile. I'm real pleased with their response and they quickly took care of the problem. What more can you ask for if you think about it. The gun kicks butt compared to how it was and I'm confident it will work just fine if I ever need use it quickly..(Hope that never happens to anyone.) Sorry for the long widnded 1st post- John

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The only problem my 3rd gen. has is the the mags seem to empty very quickly:D.Maybe I should get more mags:).

·
Registered
55 Posts
k2bt sorry you had trouble . I bought my PT145 mill pro in January of this year ordered it from Davidsons new. Mine has the same problem that mark has. Need more mags.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts