Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Who and where can I find extra mags for my pt145
Welcome from Texas! I suggest you contact Taurus USA and check the online stores like Midwayusa.com, cheaperthandirt.com, cdnnsports.com and the gun auction sites like gunbroker.com. Many of the online stores also let you back order or sign up for back in stock notification.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I picked one up on ebay awhile ago. People complain about ProMag but the one I got works perfectly but it's a hit-miss thing.

·
Super Moderator
40,611 Posts
Who and where can I find extra mags for my pt145
Midway USA, set an in stock notification and jump on them right away. Also check with Taurus now and around the 6th of every month. Rumor has it the get monthly shipments from Brazil around the first of the month.

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois. I've read some bad stories about ProMags, but with the testimonial above guess I would give them a try if it was all I could find. Maybe get return auth if there's an issue. Mec Gar is supposed to be better and I just bought two of theirs for my PT 92. In checking wit Taurus maybe ask for alternatives also...some of the 24/7 magazines fit and the 12 rounders are popular with a spacer for the PT145 to bridge the gap on the length.

·
Registered
29,944 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state. :icon_ lala:

State of "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

Unfortunately you're gonna have to let your fingers do the walking on the internet and put a little leg time in haunting gun & pawn shops.

The last two new in the box factory PT-145 magazines I bought I found in a pawn shop for $25 @ which is a super bargain.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
the 24/7 mags seem to work with the pt145, and taurus even made some mag sleeves to accomodate the length difference, I can now carry 12+1 in my pt145. X2 actually.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: Glad you could join us! :). I was going to suggest Cheaper Than Dirt as well. Most of the magazines I have seen were in their store in Fort Worth (Outdoor Adventures), which is now known as Fort Worth Guns and no longer in their original building. Have you thought about contacting Taurus USA directly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Taurus10 for the info. Found a couple of auctions on gun broker I got four like new plus a factory loader including shipping 100.00

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Just got 2 mags from Pro mag that are junk fully loaded they won't lock in with 8 rounds it will. they have been setting for a week fully loaded emptied reloaded. I had one several years ago that didn't work then I saw they had them in stock again thought I would try again no go sending for refund

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
Thanks Taurus10 for the info. Found a couple of auctions on gun broker I got four like new plus a factory loader including shipping 100.00
Great score! If you don't have an Uplula loader yet ask Santa for one...they beat the heck out of the OEM loader.

My PT145 has recently been spending a lot of time on my hip...I do need to figure out a mag holder to go with my Alien Gear rig.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts