Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I admit that I am not smarter than a 5th grader.... Ok, I got my Williams 70897 dove tail sights today and am not sure which way to install the front sight. Does anyone know for sure whether the set screw goes to the muzzle end or towards the chamber. I know for a fact that it will go either way. :???:
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
82 Posts
You should have the set screw for the front sight up front towards the muzzel end. The gives a nice clean vertical face to the back of the front sight. The set screw on mine was a bit long. This would make the top of the set screw obscure the bottom of the fiber optic dot if you put it on backwards.

The biggest problem I found with the Williams Fire Sights was that the rear notch was too narrow for target shooting. I like a wide rear notch to seen the light bars on either side of the front sight. I widened the notch as far as I could, but there is not much material I could remove. It is better, but still not as wide as I like. The tricky part was gettting the filing straight and even.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you gentlemen. I installed with set screw facing muzzle. I do appreciate your responses.
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts