Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get some feed back. I can get a PT145 for less than 350 or I can order a PT145 MIl Pro . SHould I take the Chance on the PT145 or wait for the Mil Pro? Thanks

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'd take a look in the various gun shops in your area to try and find a Millenium and a Millenium Pro to see how they fit your hands. Others here can tell you more but thats the first question I ask, will the gun fit me (it doesn't matter if it fits your buddy's mitts)?

There are also differences in the trigger system used between the different generations. If you go with the Mill Pro would it be new or used?

Steelheart

·
32,808 Posts
There were some minor shortcomings with the PT145 and PT111 models. Trigger pulls were spongy or creepy, feeding most JHPs could cause jams or misfeeds, as well as other problems.The Millenium Pro series corrected any of those troubles. That's why I went from the PT111 to the PT111 Mil/pro and never looked back. Since there are many older PT145 users who like them the call is yours. Just be aware there may be some things that you might have to live with the PT145 that the PT145 MIl/pro doesn't have to.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I paid less than the $350 mark for the Millennium Pro gen 3. Shop around. The PT145 should be selling for significantly less than the $350 mark.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
There were some minor shortcomings with the PT145 and PT111 models. Trigger pulls were spongy or creepy, feeding most JHPs could cause jams or misfeeds, as well as other problems.The Millenium Pro series corrected any of those troubles. That's why I went from the PT111 to the PT111 Mil/pro and never looked back. Since there are many older PT145 users who like them the call is yours. Just be aware there may be some things that you might have to live with the PT145 that the PT145 MIl/pro doesn't have to.
Never noticed the trigger pull to be spongy or creep. All the ones that I have fired were always a very smooth pull, even on the early DA models. Love my PT145 ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS EVERYONE! Found a 3rd Generation here in San Antonio after Spending 5 or six hours on the web and then 5 or 6 phone calls this AM. The gun shops here did not have one in stock and the fellow with the FFL i depend on could not find one after he called the distributors he had acess to . I Finally found a new Mil PRo PT145 3rd Gen at a Pawn shop chain locally . I know I made the right decision to pay $30 extra . This has the rail just marginally bigger than My Mil Pro 2nd Gen PT111. Is very comforatable in my Smart Carry and if it is asa reliable as my Mil Pro PT111 It will be a great weapon.Thanks Again

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up the PT145 in SS back in January and so far I've put 450rds thru it and didn't have any failures until I ran some S&B. Didn't like it at all. :eek: So I went back to the CCI Blazer stuff and she's Rockin N Rollin again. ;D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cimarron said:
I paid less than the $350 mark for the Millennium Pro gen 3. Shop around. The PT145 should be selling for significantly less than the $350 mark.
Wish I lived where you did. The PT111 at the shop in town is marked at $349 NIB. I thought that was a good deal. I've thought about buying of off the net(new only). The shop I want to go through would charge $40 for the transfer. The main reason I want to go to this shop is they sell everything that a person needs for firearms. I'd go to a pawn shop but I don't want people I'm rarely going to deal with touching my gun, even if it is just the box.

Nate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts