Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure the differences...

So far all I can tell is the PT745 appears to be double action only (stiff trigger pull or the easy trigger pull like my 24/7? I don't know the difference)
2oz lighter, .1" narrower and 1/8" shorter. That about it? If I read right, the 745 also has a 3 dot sight? 1 front 2 rear?

Why choose one over the other?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also does anybody have a pic/specs on the 24/7 compact?

·
Registered
940 Posts
The 745 is a single stack, holds 6rds (+1 in the chamber, for 7), not sure if it is still a DAO now or not, and I thought I read it now has the straight 8s'

The 145 is a double stack, holds 10rds (+1 in the chamber for 11) is a single action trigger, with a restrike ability and has the straight 8's.

As for the 24/7 compact, it's not in a .45 (at least not yet) just out in 9mm and .40
In .45 it can be had in a fullsize and long slide variant, in a 10shot or 12shot configuration (only difference is the mag, some states restrict semi's to 10rds)

·
Registered
14 Posts
As a new owner of a new PT745 I can tell you this........ Although the Taurus website still lists this pistol as DOA (except for the fine print). It is DA/SA. It does have straight 8 sights. If you are looking for a DAO, the 745 will have to be modified. I was and will. I'm still researching a little, but it seems the SA sear, pin & spring are removed and viola........ DAO. I asked Taurus if they would do this for me..... well you know how it goes when the lawyers get involved. If you want DAO, check this link http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=3419.0 Warranty will be jeopordized if returned to Taurus w/o aforementioned parts in their proper place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts