Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
make sure that the gun is empty, slide the slide back and lock it open, the pin in front of your slide release turn it clockwise so its pointing straight down and then release your slide, it will then pop then pin out a little, push youe slide back and lock it open again and remove the pin, then easily let your slide forward, when it stops pull the trigger and slide it off the gun. If you have any other questions just ask me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks, I just got a new pt145 and wanted to clean it before I took it to the range. I read the manual several times and could not get the gun apart because the manual is wrong. it says....release the slide stop and pull the slide forward as you pull the trigger... won't come apart(did not force it because I don't want to break a new gun) then I read your advise,... release the slide stop, let the slide come forward until it stops, pull the trigger and slide it off. BINGO!!! slid off easily.easy once you do it the first time.without your help I'd still be working on it. thanks again ,gungoat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.