5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the hell do you adjust the front one ie what do
you use too loosen?
Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I believe it's a 1.5mm allen. You may have to heat it with a hair drier or a pencil torch if it's stubborn.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Be sure to use a GOOD QUALITY Allen (hex) wrench, NOT one of the cheap, poorly fitting wrenches.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Be sure to use a GOOD QUALITY Allen (hex) wrench, NOT one of the cheap, poorly fitting wrenches.
+1.. my uncle rounded out the hex screws on one of his guns yesterday. I had to easy out it... I was worried the entire time...a didn't want to mess up a SS slide...:eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess I'm just lucky! Mine didn't need any adjusting, out of the box! IDK if you bought it new or used, but mine came with one the right size.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I guess I'm just lucky! Mine didn't need any adjusting, out of the box! IDK if you bought it new or used, but mine came with one the right size.
That just fits the rear sight and is 2mm. The front sight takes a 1.5mm wrench.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That just fits the rear sight and is 2mm. The front sight takes a 1.5mm wrench.
Sorry...I was unaware. Largely, I suppose, because I didn't need to adjust! "Luck of the draw"? I don't know.

Having spent many years in industrial maintenance, I have "high quality" keys in all sorts of materials and all sort of configurations, (torx, security allens, bi-wings, etc.), so I've got it covered if it ever goes out...OR when I find a set with better visibility!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I hope yours comes out easier than mine. I tried everything from Kroil, acetone, heat, etc. Finally had to drill it and use a brass drift punch to remove the dang thing. Now has a low Millet fiber optic and Williams adjustable rear Fire Sight. Great for our older eyes.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Gentleman!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I asked in another thread, (perhaps I strung too many issues together!), about reccomendations for sights. I see Millets and Williams' in this thread, so..

The factory Heinie 8's are great, (didn't even need any adjusting!), but invisible, (or dang near), for me in low light drills. Okay, so, I'm gettin' older...I'm okay with it. What I need are some better visiblility sights that will fit whatever holster I ultimately decide on, (and that won't be anything "custom", I can't afford it on SS).

My local smith tells me that most of the "stuff" out there hasn't been directly fitted to the new MilPro series without some, ($$), work. Can you folks point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The front sight I put on wasn't a Millet but a HiViz, my mistake. It is a friction fit but took very little work ( 10 minutes) with a fine triangle file to fit it myself. The rear Williams Fire Sight slipped right in and set screwed. No gunsmith needed. I think your local smith wants a job.

This is the adjustable rear and front set. The front sight is quite tall , works great but can snag on holsters etc.

Williams Fire Sights Click Adj Taurus PT111 PT140 PT145 PT100 PT745 24 7'S | eBay

This is the lower front HiViz I put on. Made the rear sight lower also and fits my holster better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330741593655?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just installed the Williams Firesight on my PT145. (Had a great deal of difficulty removing the rear sight and finally drilled it out!) The front sight does sit up high and I do have the HiViz TR2009R on order, just in case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts