Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After adjusting to the Henie sights...I noticed that my PT shoots about 3-3.5 inches low and left every time. It's not just me as I lent the pistol to my brother for a few mags and it did it to him as well. Any one have a guess what might be causing this? I was shooting WWB 230 grain FMJ's.

Administrator
If it truly shoots left, the Heinie rear sight can be drifted to the right for adjustment. My first time with the Heinies, I shot low as well. But once I got used to them I have no more trouble.

Registered
I assume this is a new gun, and if so you may want to wait till you have about 300 rounds down range before adjusting the sights. My PT92 also shot very low and left at first, but as I shot it the point of impact came up and over considerably. If you look through these forums you'll find a number of other people have also commented on the same thing. Enjoy that new gun!

Registered
Practice your trigger pull. It's normal to want to pull the gun low and to the left at first. Try pulling the trigger with the pad of your trigger finger, the area between the end of your finger and the first knuckle.

Get some snap caps and fire your gun a few times. You will likely notice that as you are nearing the end of your trigger pull, the barrell will dip slightly lower and to the left.

Good luck.

Registered
I got the 3 dot Wilson sites ( I'm used to V sites) Still had to adjust to the left to about 40% (calling the middle 50%) leaving 60% on the right.

Registered
As has been said, 9/10 times low/left is anticipating the recoil. Have a friend go with you to the range and have him load your mags for you. Have him sneak in a snap cap. It does two things, tells you if you are indeed anticipating the recoil, and aids in drills for light hits etc. if you were ever to have to use it in real life to save yours.

Registered
There is a target on the posts you can print out , it will help you, shoot dead on as said, not 6'oclock, get you a snap cap, dry fire it with it. Watch and see if your not pulling it down and left. The little finger will give you trouble on the PT, I learned from this forum alot, fixed all my problems. There is alot of earlier post on these guns if you will take time and read them, I promise it will help. The 1st pic, or the left one is how to hold the sight.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I plan on trying all of it. I just hope I don't confuse myself... :???: I'll report back after my next range session.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts