Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a new PT145 Mil Pro that went back to Taurus five (5) times before they replace it (under duress) with a new pistol. That replacement was returned to Miami and it got a replacement barrel, a replacement front sight, and an adjustment to the trigger bar.

I had hoped my Taurus headaches were over, but then:
11/1/2012 my PT145 Mil Pro (Serial Number NDN42574) was delivered to Taurus in Miami for a replacement barrel because of severe lead fouling and inaccuracy.
2/25/2013 A Taurus representative told me that since barrels were still on back order they would replace the pistol with a new one…but new pistols are also on back order.
5/6/2013 Still no barrels, or pistols, available. I told them “I surrender”; return it to me.

After more than six (6) months, and a multitude of phone calls, I finally told Taurus to return the firearm to me. My original weapon arrived fifteen days later. However, the enclosed paper read “…our examination of the firearm indicated that it would be unsafe to shoot.” and “YOU SHOULD GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY.” (Their capital letters, not mine). There was no explanation as to how, or why, it was unsafe.

Okay, so then I tried sending a letter directly to Mr. Mark Kresser, C.E.O. and explained my problems. I was polite and related how much “I love the look, size, feel and capacity of the weapon” but I wanted a safe PT145. I said I would wait two weeks for some kind of response from Taurus, then I would post a caveat emptor on various Internet forums. That letter brought no results. No telephone call, no e-mail, no letter.

It appears that Taurus has washed their hands of the entire matter, without even bothering to apologize. I cannot shoot, or sell, the firearm…which is just as well, as it will be needed for the trial, as it appears that is my last resort in dealing with the “Lifetime Warranty”.

To those that have a Taurus semi-auto good luck! To those thinking of buying one, think long and hard! Mine was a true love/hate experience, and I have had enough!

NOTE: I have truthfully stated my experiences with both of my Taurus PT145’s. Due to a pending divorce and the need to puchase a new home, I will rarely check this posting and will probably not respond to any comments, suggestions, or responses. But I will will find time to take my safe and reliable 45’s to the range.

UPDATE: A supervisor called me on 6/19/2013...hopefully, I will soon have a good, working pistol.
SECOND UPDATE: A new barrel arrived on 6/21/2013, thanks to a wonderful lady at Taurus. I am a happy camper!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I will send you the info for their customer advocate on private message.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I love both of mine and have never had a problem with CS or getting parts.

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Some of us have better luck than others I guess.

·
10,379 Posts
Lessee here, they explained that they were backordered on parts and new firearms but would get you a new firearm when they became available (I'm assuming as apology for the inconvenience) and you couldn't be bothered to wait until they actually had the material in stock and you told them to return your defective firearm to you...and now you want to sue them?

Good luck with that, I think you're going to be unpleasantly surprised by the outcome of any such proceedings.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
If you sent me a letter telling me you wouldn't wait for a new handgun and you told them to send yours back and then threatened me by saying you were going to spread your "story" all over the internet I would ignore you also.

They already tried to fix your gun, what, 5 times? Then to make things right they offered to send you a new gun asap and you still want to sue? I guess that is one way to pay for the new house. Good luck on that trial thing....

I suppose if they sent you a new gun, refunded the purchase price of the original gun plus 10%, dropped the gun shop where you bought the gun as a dealer, and fired the rep that sold the gun to the FFL you might be happy?

What did you do to cause excessive leading?

Don

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
I am totally surprized they would return the gun myself.
If it were me making the call there is no way that weapon would have left the factory/repair station.
And quite honestly if they haven't washed their hands of the matter then they should.
While they may be at some fault for not trying to get you a different model if you were willing, In MY opinion your actions were ill concieved and somewhat immature.
I mean exactly what are you going to do with this weapon now?
Certainly not sale it and place yourself at huge liability if someone gets hurt using it.
I mean you kind of placed yourself in a box with this thought process.
One should be careful of what they ask for ! sometimes you get just that.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I don't see anything in your post about what was wrong the five times you returned the first pistol to Taurus.

Also, I have serious doubts that Taurus would be foolish enough to return a handgun to you that they knew was unsafe to fire.

So you came aboard to report this "matter", but now you'll not be returning to check the forum for comments, etc, and you'll be taking your "safe" 45s to the range to shoot while you and your lawyer make plans for the lawsuit.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
My nose senses something.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Has a certain smell about it, doesn't it?
I cannot quite put my finger on it, but something does smell funny. The noses knows.

·
Super Moderator
38,003 Posts
The PT 145 is your property. If you demand the return of your property, they cannot refuse to return it to you. You sent it in broken, they returned it...broken...on your request. All manufacturers have been unable to fulfill commitments for all manner of firearms and related equipment since Fall of 2012. PT 145's are a discontinued model, so a replacement PT 145 is virtually non-existent unless they can find a dealer with NOS. Parts runs for discontinued models are also farther down the priority list and for that pistol will come from Brazil.

The good news is that it does have a lifetime warranty for any owner. If you can find someone with some patience to sell it to, they can send it back to MIA and get a new pistol back.

·
Super Moderator
38,003 Posts

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
I'll give you 25 bucks for it and pay the shipping

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Well,goodbye then,buy another firearm and blog about that bad experience then.seeya!.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
$75.00

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Well now. the price is gittin too high for a junk Taurus. I'll have to pass

1 - 20 of 33 Posts