Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I received my PT145 today and took it to the range as well. Here is what I noticed.
1. felt good in my hand
2. I need to get used to the sights, as to put in 10 ring I need to have front sight more then slightly elevated over rear sight.
3. recoil was very manageable and follow-up shots were quicker then my XD-40
4. No FTF/FTE after only 80rnds(was getting dark and bugs were buggin me) and no mag-droppage!
5. sure does put a big hole in the paper!

I was using CCI Blazer Brass 230gr FMJ ammo from WallyWorld.  Anyone have any better suggestions for target practice at a comparable price($11.97 a box)?
Thanx.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am planning to buy some reloading equipment as soon as my gun-buying habit eases up a bit. ;D I save all my empties for just such an endeavor and will be looking for a set-up that will do 38/357 and 45acp w/o too much hassle between the two.
Also, I went to the range again today and shot another 70 rounds w/o incident(up to 150 now). I even had some spectators admiring my mad shooting skillz.
I stopped by a local gun shop to pick up some hollow points for defence purposes. They are Hornady 45 auto +p 230gr TAP FPD 20rnds for $16.50 + tax! I then went to WallyWorld where they had Remington UMC JHP 100rnds for $33.49 + tax. I think I should have waited and got the Remington. Oh well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.