1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new PT145 out to the range today. Comments:

1) Smooth Trigger
2) Nice Kick
3) Accurate enough
4) No FTF or FTE through 250 rounds

One of my mags would consistenly fall out while shooting. The other was fine but it is a little disappointing.

Bottom line is that this gun is not fun to shoot, but I am not sure it was meant to be fun. As a defensive weapon it is fantastic.

BTW- I also shot 300 rounds through my 24/7 pro during the same session. Damn I love that pistol.

Administrator
Hopefully it's just a mag problem. Taurus will replace it.

Would it have been more fun if the mag had not been a problem?
I love to shoot mine. It is a little punishing on the left hand when I shoot lefty. I am right handed but practice with both. Maybe a lighter bullet. :guns:

Registered
A friend of mine has trouble with he mag falling out of my PT145 when he shoots it. It is purely how he grips it. I have not had a mag fall out ONCE in 550rds, on either of my mags.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think the gun was meant to be fun to shoot. I didnt buy to plink like I did my 24/7 pro. I view it as a purely defensive play. I will keep in my center console and pull it out when required. Now the 24/7 Pro is a blast to shoot!

Registered
I received my PT145 today and took it to the range as well. Here is what I noticed.
1. felt good in my hand
2. I need to get used to the sights, as to put in 10 ring I need to have front sight more then slightly elevated over rear sight.
3. recoil was very manageable and follow-up shots were quicker then my XD-40
4. No FTF/FTE after only 80rnds(was getting dark and bugs were buggin me) and no mag-droppage!
5. sure does put a big hole in the paper!

I was using CCI Blazer Brass 230gr FMJ ammo from WallyWorld.聽 Anyone have any better suggestions for target practice at a comparable price($11.97 a box)?
Thanx.

Registered
are you familiar w/ the heine sights? it kind of sounds like it was dead on for a heine sight. if you find you don't like them read my other posts, i will be taking my pt 145 pro to the grinding wheel tommorrow... that the best price i've seen on ammo recently.

Registered
I was using CCI Blazer Brass 230gr FMJ ammo from WallyWorld. Anyone have any better suggestions for target practice at a comparable price($11.97 a box)?[/quote]

Where do you live? I am in Ft Worth and I pay $9.47 for the same box/same place.....I fyou plan to shoot much...Reload..It can be done for less than $4/box. My press will be here in bout 2 more days..Cant Wait

Registered
I am planning to buy some reloading equipment as soon as my gun-buying habit eases up a bit. ;D I save all my empties for just such an endeavor and will be looking for a set-up that will do 38/357 and 45acp w/o too much hassle between the two.
Also, I went to the range again today and shot another 70 rounds w/o incident(up to 150 now). I even had some spectators admiring my mad shooting skillz.
I stopped by a local gun shop to pick up some hollow points for defence purposes. They are Hornady 45 auto +p 230gr TAP FPD 20rnds for $16.50 + tax! I then went to WallyWorld where they had Remington UMC JHP 100rnds for $33.49 + tax. I think I should have waited and got the Remington. Oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts