Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my PT145 has been down for almost 2 months now. Last time I went to the range was having light strike issues, and I noticed the slide wasn't sitting all the way forward. When even i pulled the trigger in second strike the slide seemed to move back. When I got home I took it apart and the recoil spring looks distorted and also weak. I called taurus promptly and ordered 2 new recoil springs, and a new grip for my model 94 revolver. The springs were and back order, but I recieved the grip in a few days. This was at least 6 weeks ago. I was gone on a deployment, when I got back I called taurus last week and after nearly a 50 min hold for customer service I was told the springs were still on back order with no ETA on the new parts. What are my options? I searched these forums and google, there dosen't seem to be many aftermarket recoil spring options for the pt145. I've owned the gun since August of 08 and it's ben a good weapon, but after getting a glock I just don't love the taurus like I used to. Not being able to use the gun isn't making me love it either. It's pretty much a 300$ paper weight. Anybody habe a spair I could buy I'll pay double taurus price and send you a new one when mine comes in.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We have no choice but to wait for the parts from Taurus USA. I just called Taurus last month to order some parts for my OSS and I received them in less than 2 weeks. Sometimes Taurus USA does not have the parts in stock and we need to wait for them from Brazil and it will take long time. I hope other members can help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re

Yea hopefully they come in soon, I have another carry gun but I prefer 45acp to my 380 LCP ruger.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've only had one experience with Taurus CS, and it was positive. The second time I cleaned my PT145, the disassembly lever (pin) disappeared into the ether, and has yet to be found. They had a replacement in stock (at a very reasonable price, I should add), and I received it eight business-days later. Now if they stock that part, you would think they'd keep a good supply of recoil springs on hand as well, but maybe that's just me.

·
Administrator
39,518 Posts
I'm thinking I should order a new recoil spring assembly for my PT145. It has a slight crook to it, but has since I bought the pistol in 2007. Right at 3,000 rounds through this gun without a hitch. The spring may last forever, but it can't hurt to have another on standby, even if I never need it.

·
Registered
31,777 Posts
A few years back, the button broke off my captive assembly, still shot fine, but I ordered two when I replaced it. I still have the old one as the springs are fine. It doesn't hurt to have a few spare parts on hand for your main guns, handguns or rifles. Never order just one part when you are paying the shipping. Spare extractors, firing pins, recoil springs, mag springs, grip screws etc. may come in handy if you shoot or carry a gun a lot.

Besides, when the Zombies come, ordering new parts will be too slow! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts