Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit the range today and put another 100 flawless rounds through my PT145, bringing the total to 550 after purchasing it in early June. I went with my buddy who had just purchased a brand new Sig P226 Stainless Elite in 9mm (his first ever gun...wish I could drop a grand on a Sig).

I have to say, I got wood shooting the Sig. It was THE smoothest gun I have ever laid my hands on. All 30 rounds I shot were in a TIGHT 3" group at 20 feet. Shot exactly where I pointed it, every time.

I also brought along my 9mm Star BM, which I've been having jamming problems with. Put 50 through the tube on that one with only two jams. It was the first time I had brought it to the indoor range, and it shot a nice 3" group at 15ft. POA was excellent.

The PT145 is still giving me a fit. It HAS to be the straight eight Heinie sights. I was shooting 3" groups 3-4" from my Point of aim. Every time. Until I brought it to 10ft, then they were only 2" from where I was aiming.

I can't wait until i can get my hands on some 3 dot sights that don't require machining skills.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The Wilson Combat sights cost only $35 and they fit fine. You will have to take a hammer and "gently" bend the notch down in back for a tighter fit, but the front sight fit perfectly. No machining required for either front or back.

These sights are discussed in further detail in the Smithing section.

Todd

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, hammer and gently...nice....Though for $35 it might be worth giving it a shot, even if I destroy them at least it's cheap.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Let me try again...

Gently tap down the notch edges to hold the sight in place. I personally used a nerf hammer, but it took FOREVER!!!

Todd

·
Registered
108 Posts
I smiled wide when I saw 550 rounds! Thought you did that in one sitting. While not with one pistol, I have fired along with MrNuke well and above that in one sitting!

200 rounds at once through my 239 is hardly enough enjoyment! I hope to say that in regards to the PT-145.

Glad you had fun, and thanks for the report. Stay tuned for mine :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JZ06 said:
I smiled wide when I saw 550 rounds! Thought you did that in one sitting. While not with one pistol, I have fired along with MrNuke well and above that in one sitting!

200 rounds at once through my 239 is hardly enough enjoyment! I hope to say that in regards to the PT-145.

Glad you had fun, and thanks for the report. Stay tuned for mine :)
While I have yet to do 550rds in one sitting, I did put the first 300 through it in one sitting.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, 750 rounds we're the most I'd done in one sitting. That was split between a few guns. My .22 mosquito, Makarov, sig 239 and I still had my Kimber SS target II 1911 at that time.

Talk about blasting!!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts