Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate any help to prevent a trip to the Taurus Repair Shop. I have a PT145 Millenium Pro with probably 600 rounds. The slide locked OPEN after the last round fired out of a magazine, only problem is it is STUCK OPEN and won't release. The slide release will move up/down about 1/16" and I can move the slide back and forth about 1/8" but it is locked tight in that space. I've tried pulling the take-down pin, tried releasing with the mag in and mag out, tried manipulating the slide release "tab" at the top of the magazine chamber, all to no avail. Any ideas? thanks...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hang tight, and some of our sage and wise Taurus experts will be along to offer their insights.

We're glad to have you join the forum. :D

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
When you pop the magazine out, does that free up the slide at all? Is there any obstruction up in the magwell?

Within that 1/8 of an inch that the slide will move, can you pull it back and then push down on the slide release? Does anything happen?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I'd appreciate any help to prevent a trip to the Taurus Repair Shop. I have a PT145 Millenium Pro with probably 600 rounds. The slide locked OPEN after the last round fired out of a magazine, only problem is it is STUCK OPEN and won't release. The slide release will move up/down about 1/16" and I can move the slide back and forth about 1/8" but it is locked tight in that space. I've tried pulling the take-down pin, tried releasing with the mag in and mag out, tried manipulating the slide release "tab" at the top of the magazine chamber, all to no avail. Any ideas? thanks...
This happened to me with my PT640 Pro. There was a "foreign body" on the top of the chamber that galled the slide. I used a PLASTIC hammer and GENTLY tapped the rear of the slide until it moved forward. I steel-wooled the mark, polished it, and it has worked fine since:

DETAILS:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...locked-up-any-ideas-return-taurus-repair.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I have fixed it. The action was fully open but the slide release would not move down far enough to let the slide forward, with or without the magazine in place. I used a slight modification to TexasDeputy's solution (extra force but no hammer!)

I ended up pulling back the slide and forcing the slide release down as hard as possible with both my thumbs stacked on top of each other. (No it was not easy; it was like trying to hold onto an angry cat.) Some foreign object must have worked its way into the slide release mechanism. I have racked, locked, and released the action dozens of times and it seems to be working again. Back to the range this weekend to see if all is well.

Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts