Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trouble inserting 10 rounds into the two magazines that came with the gun. The magazine will not lock into the gun without forcing it, then you can not rack the slide. This is a used gun that the PO said he only fired one mag thru the gun then placed it in his safe.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Clean the hell out of the gun, clean the Mags also, then load the mags to capacity.
Let them sit for a few days, take rounds out, and then put them back in for a few
more days. After about 5 days, should be good to go, then shoot and enjoy.:)

Reactions: RG33

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
They both just need to be broken in. Keep loading and unloading them. Lock the slide back, insert full mag, and drop the slide. Empty magazine by pulling trigger 10 times, only if you are in a safe shooting area, and repeat.

I just received some brand new 17 round mags for my 9mm and have a hard time getting them fully loaded until I have a chance to get out and shoot them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already cleaned the heck out of the gun but could not figure how to remove the base plate on the mag. They are differant from my Ruger mags.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
This is not just a Taurus problem.
Not a single one of my Glock mags has accepted all rounds easily. They all took great force to get the last round or 2 in then you had to slam em home in the mag well. After a while of use the springs wear and all is well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only problem is this is my wife's gun and she is not strong enough to load that 10 round or slam the mag into the gun then be able to rack the slide.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Make sure to leave the slide locked back when empty. Load the mag with slide open,then drop the slide on the loaded mag
I find it easier to put my hand over the top of the slide and get a full handed grip. Try that instead of the usual thumb and forefinger grip on the slide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts