Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
A good price all-around, but if you are interested in a particular model, read the description carefully - it might be a 1st or 2nd gen model, which differs from the current model in some particulars.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not absolutely sure, but I believe the PRO DAO version is 2nd generation. Nothing wrong with that - some people prefer that over the newest SA/DA double-strike type. DAO gives you a consistent trigger pull every time. Hansom gun as well. You may find the same or similar gun elsewhere for that price or lower (call the local shops - being an older model, they might have a few left in stock). While Buds sometimes fouls up orders, (did on mine) most people have had good luck with them. As I say, the price isn't bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got mine last week. Paid $319 total w/shipping etc. Pistol is a 3rd generation SA/DA with serial # begining w/NAN (which means it was made in 2007)as well as Heine sights.
Fit & finish is excellent with the polymer color being darker than pictured, kind of a cross between desert tan & OD green.(very unique. I like it !) Have not been able to shoot it yet, too busy :mad: . Maybe today. Ships in 3 to 5 business days. Good transaction.
The only thing I'm worried about is the spring issue which is being discussed on this forum and could be a problem if you get an odd ball.

·
Registered
89 Posts
E_Cartman: Buty it! Excellent deal on the DAO. Personally, I prefer the DAO as it is easy to transition from auto to my revolvers...same methods, procedures and uniform training. Also, there never were any problems with the spring coming through the front like the problems I hear regarding the recent PT145 purchases, etc. Get it...excellent value for the money invested!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oops, did I forget to mention I did purchase it at Buds online and it is the same one you are looking at. The discription they have is not correct, It is not DAO! It's SA/DA. They must have cut & pasted description from older model they once had.
Hope this info doesn't discourage you too much. :-\

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the info! I am going to order after I am done watching the golf. The 1911 they have for $479 is tempting as well!

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts