Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new PT145 MP in August of last year. I am having issues with the blueing coming off. I do carry this gun everyday and I thought that is just normal wear. However, after doing some more looking at it, the blueing is coming off nowhere near where the holster touches the gun. I contacted Taurus and they said it is not a warranty issue, it's a wear issue. Anybody have any idea or suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I would look into either a Ceracoat or Duracoat finish to make it look good again. Other than that, you'll kind of just have to live with it. Since Taurus only warranties the finish for the first year from manufacture, you're pretty much stuck with it.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I've got quite a bit of holster wear on my PT145, but no rust. And to me on a carry piece that's the thing to watch for. They'll all exhibit wear if you carry them enough.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
That's the reason I got the stainless guns for concealed carry. Wear and scratches on the stainless slides would be less visible and easier to fix.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
My 4 year old PT111, shows only holster wear, I kind of think it makes it look more deadly? I caused most of it using a Fobus sp11b, that was screwed down tight.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
You can always go with a more corrosive resistant finish any time but...

Honest wear marks are a badge of honor for a handgun.

Wear it with pride.
;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all you responses. I actually just got done media blasting and polishing the slide. And WOW, is it shiny!! I should have just done this to begin with. I'll post pics later. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Thanks for all you responses. I actually just got done media blasting and polishing the slide. And WOW, is it shiny!! I should have just done this to begin with. I'll post pics later. Thanks again!!
I hope you're planning to put a finish on it. It's carbon steel under the bluing, and it will rust if you don't. JAT

·
Registered
81 Posts
My pt140 is only a month old, showing wear where the muzzle sticks out of the holster and rubs on my jeans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts