Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be obscenely retarded to ask, but since i know little about guns except how much i love them and how not to accidentally shoot shit, and i am finally picking up my much desired pt145 in the next month, i am curious if someone could tell me why all the new - unfired - models i checked out at the gun show didnt say pro on the same side as the millenium,

just like this one

but they all said "PRO" on the flipside at the end of the barrel as would be expected, like the picture below

yet almost EVERY SINGLE mil pro pic i find online shows pro written on them like the pic below...

so more educated and knowledgable of gun folk, what gives? it was the same deal with every single pro i saw at 5 different vendors, all from va, and i saw at least 20 different pt145s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i should also point out that the pro designation was consistent despite model finish -
Satin black/blued
chrome-moly slide;
matte black polymer frame

all the same

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think that those internet photos are just old. My PT145 like just like yours (3rd. Gen. w/rails) and I purchased it last year. I love mine, and have had the pleasure of putting nearly 2000 problem-free rounds through it. I would not trade my PT145 for any other compact .45 (except maybe a Kahr, so I could trade it in for two more Taurus's). Good shooting!!!

·
32,658 Posts
Oh,yes. There are no dumb questions here. All of us had to start somewhere and gain experience. This over a long period of time. Add to that learning life's lessons, this includes shooting as a whole, is an ongoing process for us all. This is true whether it be staff or members here.

To look down on someone asking a sensible question is impolite and ethically wrong. We don't do that here.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
Gholcomb hit the nail on the head. The internet and the Taurus website are a bit behind on the photos in any number of examples. Not to worry as there is no problem.
i agree

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
It seems to me, that who ever built the site, needs to take it down, reset the whole thing, and then reload the whole site, instead of doing it one page at a time, which throws off links and other stuff. If I did that some people I do sites for would probably fire me in a heart beat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What you've discovered is two features that distinguish a new (4th generation) PT1xx from 3rd generation: the "pro" has switched sides, and the presence of grooves for the accessory rail.

AFAIK, the only way to tell 3rd generation from 2nd generation is the trigger (DAO vs SA/DA)

·
Registered
876 Posts
There have been several redesigns, or alterations to the MilPro line. As Taurus has tinkered with the parts we can't see, they have changed cosmetic things we can see.

So as to distinguish between ,classes err degrees, err generations of pistols.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts