Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the wear in the aluminum sub frame of the PT145 Mill Pro in the area where the slide guide spring rests above the trigger guard? Its the little notch area where the back end of the spring assembly sits. Mine is quite shiney and occassionally I find loose burrs inside. :zzz:

Registered
How many rounds to you have through the gun so far?

Steelheart

Registered
Yep, that area is the seat for the spring and should have a liberal amount of lube on it. After about 500 rounds I'm not seeing any more wear and it just has a shiny look to it. Also don't forget to add a little lube to the spring too as that helps smooth our the rebound. Your probably going to see and feel a much smother action after a little wear and seating of parts. I find that a lube like Eezox works great. It incorporates a minimum of solvent and more lube than most. Works for me although you're results might vary from mine.

Good shooting

Administrator
Discussion Starter #4
I have right at 500 rounds through this gun now. I'm having no problems with it whatsoever, but was a little concerned that this might be evidence of a future problem. I use this for concealed carry and I want it to run. Sounds like this wear is just normal. I'll just lube it up good and keep an eye on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts