Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a light or laser or laser/light combo for my PT145 Mil. Pro. I am having a hard time figuring out what will fit on this weapon's accessory rail. I guess I am needing to know what type of rail does the PT145 pro have. Some accessories say they will fit onto "weaver rails" and "Picatinny" rails. I am wondering if the PT145 Pro rail is either of those, or called something different. The documentation for this gun and the Taurus web site don't seem to have much info about the accessory rail for this weapon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
FIREMAX
HAD A LASER ON MY GLOCK AND TRIED IT ON THE PRO, IT FIT THE RAIL BUT IT WAS TO LONG, I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND A LASER LIGHT COMB, SMALL ENOUGH TO FIT. BUT THE RSS FROM ARMALASER LOOKS GOOD, TO BAD IT COSTS SO MUCH WOULD ALREADY HAVE ONE. WEAPONIZER

·
Registered
81 Posts
ONE MORE THING, YOUR WEAPON LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE, LOVE THE TAN AND BLACK.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weaponizer said:
ONE MORE THING, YOUR WEAPON LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE, LOVE THE TAN AND BLACK.
Yep. Beautiful weapon.

Thanks for the info. I am looking into a light/laser combo Insite X2 for sub-compacts. Here is a picture of it on a P2000... I couldn't find a picture of it on a Taurus

·
Registered
25 Posts
This one might fit not exactly sure but it costs half as much as the insight x2l. I dont know the brand name and they dont show it on a weapon but by looks it appears it would work the dimensions are 3.58" x 1.58 x 1.96 so if you can find the dimensions for the x2 andcompare them let me know

·
Registered
87 Posts
So it's a Weaver rail on the PT145?

I understand there exists an adaptor for some pistols, but that would probably make it unusually bulky?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Picatinny , exactly the same rail as a Kel-Tec PF9 , I used to have a PF9 and sold it because of the trigger pull , I bought a Taurus Slim that I really like , and now I bought a Mil Pro PT145 so as to carry one or the other .
I have a laser sight on the PT145 (sometimes) it does stick out longer than the barrel . The Armalaser RSS will not stick out but you should know that you will have a paralax situation with the RSS in windage and elevation .
The laser I have does not have the windage paralax because the light beam emerges directly under the barrel . It is a LaserLyte QD Universal and cost about one half the price of the RSS .
No pictures as of right now . It does stick out about 1/4" .

http://www.outdoorbunker.com/QUICK_RELEASE_RAIL_MOUNT_p/(lll-fsm-00qd-140-).htm?gclid=CO2nv8_DmJ4CFQsMDQodyEwelg

Click on link to see a good picture --- I got mine from a place called ManVenture Outpost , they did not have a picture of the LaserLyte QD on the sight but if you call them they can tell you if they are in stock . $59.99

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here's a picture of my PT145 with an Insight X2 TacLight. It was a gift from the wife although I wanted the Streamlight TLR-3 which has a better LED light source.

I've already ordered a replacement LED mod for the bulb on this light.

Check the Insight X2 and X2L and the Streamlight TLR-3, they should fit your 145.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Laserlyte''s combo is what I bought for my PT-145. The 30 lumen tiny flashlight sticks out slightly. I would have pasted in a pic, but could not get that feature to work. Anyone care to tell me what the trick is for that?

The link to the laserlyte w pics at www.outdoor bunker is http://www.outdoorbunker.com/LASER_FLASHLYTE_SYSTEM_p/(lll-ll-1-).htm . There is actually a pic of it mounted on a PT-145.
Second time out laser would not turn off. Called Laserlyte and they said I needed to tighten back plate down a bit more w a .05 hex. That worked. I have been unsuccessfully trying to paste a pic I uploaded into the gallery. What the heck am I doing wrong? Anyways the pic was posted on the 19th of March 2010 in the Taurus gallery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased a brand new X2L from the gunshop for the PT-145. The laser switch failed. It would not turn off. Nice design, but out of the box reliability wasn't good for me. The shop promptly returned my money. I prefer the appearance of it over the laserlyte LL2. I hope those who bought the flashlight have better long term luck than I had.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
firemax said:
.....Some accessories say they will fit onto "weaver rails" and "Picatinny" rails. I am wondering if the PT145 Pro rail is either of those, or called something different. The documentation for this gun and the Taurus web site don't seem to have much info about the accessory rail for this weapon.

Thanks.
The "Picatinny" or M-1913 rail system is basically a mil spec version of the Weaver system- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picatinny_rail

Most Weaver rings or other devices advertising "Weaver" compatiblity will fit the 1913 rail system, as the dimensions are almost (but not "exactly") the same.

As EasyRider stated, the PT145 is technically a "Picatinny" rail, just too short for some accessories. Many sub-compact pistols share this issue.

·
Registered
733 Posts
the PT145Pro has picatinny rail..ArmaLaser sells an RSS model "red laser" that will fit..Viridian is comming out with "green" a laser/lite combo for subcompacts the C5L: http://www.gunsamerica.com/video/player.aspx?Channel=17&vid=152
and they also have a laser only model coming out soon (i might be interested in that, if its small enough)
I personally prefer the "green lasers",but they are way more expensive, but you can see them alot better during the day
which is really fun at the range..I have a LaserMax Uni-Green, it doesn't fit, but it BRIGHT AND VERY LIGHT! (and which i have posted for sale) :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
bass pro @ discover mills has armalaser ( I think it rss) for 119$.I have laserlyte universal work just fine.also fits my sa xd 5"tac .45 with no probs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts