Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased two Pro Mag's that say TAU 17 .45 for my PT145. I can only get five rounds in each one and they will not depress any more. They also stick and the rounds do not come up freely. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I just purchased two Pro Mag's that say TAU 17 .45 for my PT145. I can only get five rounds in each one and they will not depress any more. They also stick and the rounds do not come up freely. Any suggestions?
ProMags have a terrible reputation for quality.

Search this forum for a multitude of posts about problems with ProMags.

Refund them if you can.

Just an FYI, check Cabela's. They periodically have genuine factory PT 145 mags for less than the low quality generic Promags.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Yep, ProMag that's why. My suggestion is to buy the true Taurus mags.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I've got a 14 round Promag for my PT145, but I only use it when I really want to frustrate myself. The top seven rounds are always single shot. I don't use it much, but I keep it around as a reminder not to buy Promags. Buying mags direct from Taurus may cost a few bucks more, but if you have problems they'll replace them at the drop of a hat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a TAU 17 10Rd. I use it for immediate-action drills. I mix up a couple of mags with the Pro-Mag in the mix at random.

In that role, it works.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Must be calif. compliant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts