Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Are there any other higher capacity magazines from say the 24/7 line that work in the PT145?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I'm using the 24/7 12 round mags with the mag sleeves for both my 24/7 C .45 and PT145. You don't really need the mag sleeve but it will make things look nicer. When you call Taurus CS to order the mag sleeves, you need to tell them they're for the 24/7 C .45. Now I heard that the Para P14 mag would work great for the PT145 but I've never tried it.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Just make sure you stay away from Pro Mags. They really stink in a PT145. Genuine Para or possibly Mecgar for P14 if you want 14 rounders. If you've got your mag release turned around, you'll have to cut some slots in the para/mecgars for them to work. 24/7 mags already have the slots on both sides. JAT

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
I've tried a couple nectar P14's in mine, but I kept getting jams with them. At first I thought it was due to the Tulammo. The next time was my typical brass ammo and still jammed up. I don't know if it is the leverage put on the mag when gripping the gun or what. I use the 24/7 12 rounders with no problems without the mag sleeves. I need to order a couple though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anybody ever tried using Springfield XD clips? The LGS I was in yesterday didn't have the PT145, but they had the .40 version of the Taurus and the XD. The clip fit fine up into the pistol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since you have both the PT 145 and the 24/7 C 45, which do you prefer with respect to feel? Do you like the 12 round mag in the 24/7 or in the Pt 145? I just bought a PT 111, but have locked my sites on a 45 for my next purchase, hopefully by year end. I don't know whether I want the PT 145 or the 24/7 G2 compact 45. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
B/w the PT145 & the G2 C .45, I would take the PT145. The 24/7 C .45 was discontinued and the G2 C .45 is a different animal despite the name 24/7 G2 Taurus used for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Taurus10, any chance you could post a pic of PT145 with the mag sleeves and 12 rd mag? I am VERY curious how that looks. I might have to break out my credit card again......;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sabran I downloaded a picture from an older post of the PT145 with the 24/7 mag and the sleeve. I don't know how to post it, but I can email it to you if you message me with your email address. Also here is a youtube link from a guy who has the 24/7 mag for the PT 145 without the spacer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts