Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping some friends get ready for their concealed carry class. I have allowed them to use my 9mm to qualify and the two women are happy. The other guy shot the 9mm OK, but when I pulled out my PT145 and he shot it, he was all about wanting to use the .45 for the class.

He was more accurate with it and obviously the recoil was comfortable. I believe that when he starts shopping, he will end up with one of his own!

It's really fun to see the reaction when someone looks at the .45 and shakes their head about not being sure they could handle the recoil... and even the two women both handled the PT145, even though they could handle the slide on the 9mm easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fired mine (3rd generation)SS for the 1st time today. It was terrrific. Love the Heine sights. Accurate, Recoil was not what I expected from 3 1/4 inch 23 oz. .45. Ate everything It was fed and conceals without a print in my Smart Carry with the second magazine. Did I metion the improved trigger. Felt like smooth as kittens ear. It has to be the best value on the market in .45. Great weapon.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yep, I have had the same experience with my PT145. When others shoot it they are surpised at how accurate and fun to shoot they are. Plus, the low recoil is an added benefit. Mostare surprised at just how little it kicks.

Todd

·
Registered
790 Posts
Shooters who have never experienced the PT145 are absolutely amazed at the minimal recoil from a compact pistol, a .45, no less! My two carry Kel Tecs have more snap from the .380 round and the 9mm than the Taurus PT145. Female shooters who ordinarily would shy away from large caliber handguns can handle this model with ease, and conceal it as well. As more people obtain their carry permits, you can bet the popularity of the PT145 will continue to grow. The reasonable price of the gun, and the fact it shoots one of the best self defense rounds will contribute to its continued popularity.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I too sing the praises of the pt145. I thought I'd never have a torrid affair with a polymer, but she sings powerful and pretty. She wears a sexy olive dress and goes everywhere with me. She's reliable. She's there when I go to sleep and when I awaken. I think I'll even write a song bout her :'( .

·
Registered
356 Posts
SkidLid,

Seek professional help. Or get out more. Anyone who would think of writing a song to their PT145 is clearly gone 'round the bend. Now, a song for a PT140 is entirely normal. ::)

·
Registered
90 Posts
sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I think Hildagard heard you. I told her to just "turn the other cheek".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do any of you pt145 guys know the trigger stats? I am thinking about getting one, but the only review I have of the gun stated the gun has a long 7lb DOA trigger and groups about 4" at 12yds. http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/pro_1027/index.html
I'm thinking this must be a 1st or 2nd gen gun since he did'nt describe a SA/DA trigger. The pictured gun does say PRO though. Bascially I just need a little nudge from you pt145 guys before I buy one.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've used an inaccurate scale, but after a lot of tries, I think I'm getting about 6 lbs. It is tremendously decieving... you notice the weight in the DA pull, but I would have sworn the SA was less than 5 lbs. Just goes to show that a crisp trigger pull is better than a light, creapy trigger.

You will find the trigger more than acceptable and the accuracy better than the 4"... but what is amazing is the lack of punishing recoil. This little gun is just flat "fun" to shoot! I wear a glove since Taurus has put the aggressive checkered grips... but with a light glove or a Hogue fit's all slip-on... the gun will shoot a 100 at a time without feeling battered!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts