Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted a pt145 in black and stainless but found one in tan and black and fell in love with it. It says DAO and 3dot sight.I have searched the 'net' for any info and got zero. My question is ,is this a new gen 3 in tan or a older gen 2 that nobody wanted? TIA ???

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
This is a common question. Although I don't know the answer, I seem to remember reading about the three letters in the serial indicating when it was manufactured. Also, on the Taurus web-site home pge, under Customer Services, they list "Find My Model". Maybe you can get info there. You may have to call them on the telephone.
Also, if it is marked "Millennium" it is older than if marked "Millennium Pro". Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Forgive me if my "expertise" isn't what it should be, but I thought:

1st generation says Millennium on one side (without the PRO).
2nd generation says Millennium PRO on one side, PT145 on the other.
3rd generation says Millennium on one side, PT145 PRO on the other.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
The dead give away... 3rd gen is SA/DA

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been on four differant sites asking the same question about the tan pt145 and not one person knows any thing about them.maybe i'm on to something so rare I'll buy all of them :D :D :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got my new gun.It's gen 3 with DA/SA and heinie straight 8 sights. BUT it is not TAN it is olive drab. BUD'S GUN SHOP said that's the way they come now ,but still ad them as TAN and black. be careful if you want tan and not olive drab.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I bought one from budsgunsshop in august and it is tan with black slide..... reminds me of how the new OSS is supposed to be. When ever the OSS becomes available i am getting one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Below is the website which shows the tan with black slide for sale at Budsgunshop.com. I also would like to know which generation it is. I would like to see the other side of the gun to see the model number and serial number. If anyone has purchased this gun from Bud's, can you tell us what the markings are on the right side?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_50_495/products_id/48999

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
279 Posts
i bought mine from buds in august and it says pt145pro on the rights side. it has the da/sa trigger and the dovetailed front and rear sights like the newest 24/7's .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts