Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to the forum, i bought the 3rd gen 145 mil pro, got to shoot it for the first time today man is it nice, put 100rds in it today no problems at all, i might change the sights out not to acurate with the two dot (not the gun but me) my ? is does anyone have a very large round count through there pt145pro ? and do you think these guns could hold up for thousands of rounds, thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Mine is well over 1000, others have a much larger round count.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Over 2500 rounds of FMJ's through it with no malfunctions. 500 rounds of my carry ammo through with no malfunctions. (Winchester Ranger 230 grain SXT)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm glad to hear that people have put many rounds through successfully. i purchased mine used and I'm not sure how many were put through before me,but I put many through my 24/7 without an issue

·
Registered
589 Posts
What is the recoil like? If you're shot a 9mm, how does it compare?

hi new to the forum, i bought the 3rd gen 145 mil pro, got to shoot it for the first time today man is it nice, put 100rds in it today no problems at all, i might change the sights out not to acurate with the two dot (not the gun but me) my ? is does anyone have a very large round count through there pt145pro ? and do you think these guns could hold up for thousands of rounds, thanks for any info.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
I have close to 3,000 rounds through my PT145. Other than breaking the plastic piece in the firing pin assembly, which I ordered the part from Taurus and fixed it myself, zero issues.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
What is the recoil like? If you're shot a 9mm, how does it compare?
Just in case you didn't notice the original post from eggie was over five years ago. I'm not sure if he/she is still active so you might not get an answer to your question.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
2400 rounds through mine, and about 1/3rd of those were +P's. The PT145 uses an alloy mini frame pinned into the polymer, and it wears about as well as any pistol with a steel slide and an alloy frame. I run a little heavier recoil spring in mine (19 pound vs. the stock 17 pound unit) because of all the +P's, but I still got a tiny amount of battering where the trigger bar disconnector tit hits the slide recess. It's something to keep an eye out for on a 145, and the telltale sign is when your slide gets difficult to remove. It's easy to fix if it happens, and this thread has the details - PT145 slide getting hard to remove? Here's the fix....

The other thing that happened to mine was the plating started flaking off in the barrel and the barrel had to be replaced after about 2K rounds. I think it was a manufacturing defect in that particular barrel, though, and I don't think it's indicative of all PT145's. At any rate, I sent the barrel back to taurus and they sent me a new one that I dropped in and all was well.

Bottom line: PT145's will take a lot more punishment than you might think. They're good little pistols.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.