Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will post my thoughts after lunch (Central time).

Todd

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Awaiting ...

I wish it would warm up here a little bit. I'm ready to go back out shooting as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also awaiting your report. I've had my eye on one of these and my go look at one tonight at the Sportsman wearhouse.
I don't have a .45 at this time but have lots of ammo in the safe waiting to be shot.
See I had a Cobra Patriot .45 that I sold off and am in need of a replacement.
Oscar

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, mine is the new model with the straight-8 sites. OK, here is the range report...

Before taking the gun to the range, I took it apart and did a small cleaning to get the extra oil from the inside. I was surprised at how little there was, but I cleaned it none-the-less.

I purchased two boxes of 100 count Winchester white box hardball ammo. I put 150 through the PT145 and 50 through my Ruger P90. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GUN!!! In 150 rounds, not a single FTF, FTE, or anything of the such. I did find that I have to hold the sights different than how an earlier post said to do so. When shooting with the two dots touching, I was shooting about 4 inches low at 25 ft. So, I have to hold the gun with the front sight OVER the rear dot. Once I got used to it, I got some pretty good groups.

Recoil was milder than I expected given the weight of the gun. I had no problem doing rapid fire exercises with it. In fact, I'm not sure how this can be so, but it didn't seem to kick anymore than my Ruger P90, which weighs significantly more.

So, I think I have found my new carry pistol! I am absolutely pleased with this gun.

Todd

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glad you like your pt145 love mine but the straight eight sights are hard to get used to all my other guns have three dot sights

·
Registered
5 Posts

i am just as pleased with my pt-145, and also experienced the same problem with the sights, you have to put the front dot right on top of the back dot insted of lineing up the top of the rails together, some one i talked to at the gun shop said if you switch to the night sights it takes care of the problem, but im sure that is more just personal preferance. But i also think i found my new carry weapon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts