Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the PT145 and I'm wanting to buy one but I have one problem. Being left handed it seems like the gun isn't safe for me since I won't be able to take the safety off with my left hand. I could carry it with the safety off but since it is SA/DA that would mean I would have it, no safety and SA.
Are there any lefties out there that own one and see this as a problem?

My next choice is a compact XD45 but I really don't want to pay that much and get accessories that aren't for lefties anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too am a lefty. The PT145 is fine for us southpaws. I have modified my handgun grip for all firearms, since they are not lefty friendly. I use my index finger to swipe the safety off prior to it touhing the tigger before I shoot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have gotten in the habit of gripping the handle and switching my left thumb over to operate the safety and then switching it back to the right to fire. Sounds awkward but isn't that the norm for us lefties? I haven't got my milpro yet so I can't say how well that will work but most my other pistols the safety is far to the rear of the slide so it is no problem.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i am a lefty as well and i have a 24/7 with the safety only on the right side but i use the index finger of my left hand to operate the safety like Beagler. Sometimes i also hold it in my right hand and flip it with my right thumb.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ditto, Grip the handle with the left hand, left thumb over to disengage saftey, back to the right to fire. No problem. Bolt action rifles is where the real fun begins. By the way wasn't the sniper in Saving Private Ryan a leftie working a right hand bolt? Pretty slick, huh?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am lefty also. I use my left thumb as descirbed above, not a big issue. Now if I could just figure out the right handed screwdriver....

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts