Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first free day I have had since purchasing my PT145 and the chance to go to the range. I went to the Elite Range in Monroe, NC. Very helpful group of people, signed in easily, read the rules etc....

Onto the range. I am use to a stiffer resistance when pulling the trigger, it seemed so light... But after about 5 rounds I was very comfortable with the feel of the gun and the slight recoil when firing... So, 30 minutes and a box of 50 rounds later, I was finished. First firing, very pleased with everything, no jams, no problems at all.... Maybe keeping the magazines loaded for a week helped to ease the spring slightly....

I will be back on my next set of days off......

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Today was the first free day I have had since purchasing my PT145 and the chance to go to the range. I went to the Elite Range in Monroe, NC. Very helpful group of people, signed in easily, read the rules etc....

Onto the range. I am use to a stiffer resistance when pulling the trigger, it seemed so light... But after about 5 rounds I was very comfortable with the feel of the gun and the slight recoil when firing... So, 30 minutes and a box of 50 rounds later, I was finished. First firing, very pleased with everything, no jams, no problems at all.... Maybe keeping the magazines loaded for a week helped to ease the spring slightly....

That's always good to hear!

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats. I have been looking at the PT145s...maybe that will be my next purchase.

·
Super Moderator
38,004 Posts
That sounds like a great time at the range, I really like my PT 145 a lot also!

·
Registered
40 Posts

I was thinking of picking me up a PT145 myself. I have the PT111 and really like it. Where is Elite Range at? I am always on the lookout for ranges close by. Is that the one in the business park off 74 west of Monroe?. I used to work across the street from a indoor gun range there many moons ago. Just wondering if that's the one you went to. If so, it's good to know they are still in business.

·
Registered
29,959 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the fold of PT-145 lovers. :icon_ lala:

Mine isn't for sale! :icon_ nono:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just got mine also. I took it to the range (after a thorough degreasing, cleaning and reoil) with similiar results. I fired 50 or so rounds without a hitch! Good weapon.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Nice to hear! I love my 145 and carry it everyday. Big bullet, small package and very manageable recoil, what's not to love!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts