Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought one used off a local guy a month or so ago and got it to the range for the first time today. Seems like I'm hitting low and left with it, though I got progressively better as the session progressed.

But it worked well otherwise. Ate everything I fed it. No issues with the gun, just a less than impressive performance on my part. Guess I'm going to have to practice with it some more.

DARN! ;)

·
Registered
32,264 Posts
My first experience with my 2nd Gen. PT145 (DAO) was perhaps the best hand gun experience I ever had.

11 rounds of 230 grain delight in a weapon weighing about half of a 1911. Most surprising was the low felt recoil and accuracy, popping beer cans easily at 10-20 yards. I was expecting pain without any accuracy, but left all smiles. Great little hand cannons.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Super Moderator
35,538 Posts
I like mine and had hoped to warm up to the single action with safety (cocked and locked) mode of carry. That works well with a 1911 and most guns I've tried, but something about the width of the grip and the small safety that keeps me from having any speed in up close point shooting. I much prefer DA or one of my revolvers for that. I also had a bit of a time finding ammo that'd feed reliably without nose diving into the feed ramp and jamming the works. Even ball is doing that. I load it with Hornady FTX for carry and short load the magazine as it is totally reliable that way and light and easy to carry. I still have 7 rounds on tap (6+1) and I have a 14 round mag that will feed 10 (9+1) reliably. It seems to even like 185 XTPs this way. I'll keep the PT145, great shooter and easy to carry, but I've got a new TH9c which has no issues and I can carry DA hammer down. Man, I really like that little 9. :D It's also quite accurate. It'll feed right from the top of a full magazine and it holds 17+1 rounds from the extended mag, 14+1 from the flush fit mag.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts