Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new 145 a couple of weeks ago. The first time on range, it fired beautifully. Second time, I used aluminum (blazer) rounds, and it started to jam on unfired rounds. Today, tried to use up the aluminum and it jammed almost every time, and kept doing it even after going to a new box of Winchester brass. Still jammed on almost every round. Looking at the primers, the pin has struck, but not with enough force to fire.

Can anyone give me some pointers on what could be wrong and how to fix it? Thanks!
--Shana

·
Administrator
41,058 Posts
Did you give it a good cleaning before and after the first firing?

·
Super Moderator
39,298 Posts
When mine, which I bought used, began with light strikes I detail stripped the slide to clean the FP channel. Watch out and don't lose the teensy spring. The tolerances are very close and they will not tolerate wet lube. Many folks get away with flushing Gunscrubber or other aerosols down the FP hole, especially when the pistol is new and has the packing grease in it. Any grease or oil will have carbon particles stick and slow down the speed of the action.

·
Administrator
35,787 Posts
When mine, which I bought used, began with light strikes I detail stripped the slide to clean the FP channel. Watch out and don't lose the teensy spring. The tolerances are very close and they will not tolerate wet lube. Many folks get away with flushing Gunscrubber or other aerosols down the FP hole, especially when the pistol is new and has the packing grease in it. Any grease or oil will have carbon particles stick and slow down the speed of the action.
This is a good way to clean the FP channel. I have many more rounds through mine and the green plastic stem inside the firing pin assembly broke sometime last year, and I had Taurus send me a new firing pin assembly which fixed the problem. I seriously doubt this would be the issue with yours, being so new, though.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,298 Posts
And thanks for the post of the video...I was looking for it and could not locate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts