Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my gun store today and was informed by the mgt that the PT145 is no longer being made. He didn't know why, his guess is that it's because the 24/7 compact will be coming out. Luckily I got my PT about a month ago while they still had one. If you want one, I'd hurry and find one...some stores still have them but you won't find any distributors that do.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just got off the phone with Taurus - the rumor that the PT-145 is being discontinued is bogus. The line will continue.

A side note: the Compact 24/7 will NOT be manufactured - as it duplicates the Mil Pro line.

Straight from the horses mouth.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Thanks Kansas... let's put this to bed!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this on TheFiringLine: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248632

Not sure where he gets his info, but he sure shows a 24/7 compact and mentions the discontinuation of the Mil Pro...

kansas_plainsman said:
Just got off the phone with Taurus - the rumor that the PT-145 is being discontinued is bogus. The line will continue.

A side note: the Compact 24/7 will NOT be manufactured - as it duplicates the Mil Pro line.

Straight from the horses mouth.

·
32,481 Posts
Just for giggles I gave Taurus a call and they confirmed that the PT145 will soldier on.

There are enough differences between the types as far as the 24/7 and the PT145 to warrant continuation of both models.

The shorty 24/7 is in .40 S&W and 9x19 calibers respectively. There is a 4 in. barreled 24/7 in .45ACP as well as the other calibers. But there is no 24/7 shorty in .45ACP with the 3.3 inch barrel as there is for the .40 S&W and 9mm. versions.

The 24/7- 4 in. barreled version can be had in either 10 or 12 cartridges in the magazine.

There is enough market for those who want a hideaway 3.25 in. barreled PT145 or a 4 in. Colt Commander length barreled 24/7. Depends on one's needs or wants.

This should put this to rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts