Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Fobus line uses the same paddle holster [SP11B] for the PT145 and the Springfield XD 'Compact Style'.

I see also that Blackhawk has holsters [ level 2 ] for the Springfield.

Anybody try to use these Serpa holsters with thier Taurus?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Preacher, welcome to the group. I'm going to move this post to the concealed carry section since that is a more common place to discuss holster. Check there! Thanks

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have the sp11b for my mil pro. It's designed to fit several guns including the XD and a Sig. If you look at the other Fobus holsters, The standard XD holster only fits the XD. I was looking for a Blackhawk for my milpro, but could not find anything definitive that showed they as of yet manufacture one. Most other holster makers list the milpro and XD seperately. The fobus sp11b is very different than the rest of their standard paddle line. It has an extra pad on the inside of the paddle, and also a tension adjustment screw. It also rides higher. It's not a bad choice for $25 until blackhawk decides to tool up for one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I hadn't really examined it that far, to see that each company made mostly unique holsters. I was curious about additional retention if it was NOT concealed. This seems to be a wise choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a PT145 for my first gun, and i'm currently awaiting my CHL paperwork to be finalized. My question is in regards to the holster mentioned above. The SP11B where is this holster suggested to be worn? i.e. on a belt with your shirt pulled over? I'm just trying to find which holster would work best to conceal my PT145, and how they are normally worn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Fobus SP11B is a 'paddle' holster. It has the holster over the beltline with a paddle inside your pants on the other side. I'll attach a picture.

It sits, strongside, right about 3:30-4:00 on your waist if beely button is 12:00. This is where some folks would wear a dangling keyring I guess. The handle of the pistol is upward of the beltline and the bottom or the holster and barrel do not go but maybe 2-3 inches below the beltline. It would need a cover garment like a vest or whatever for concealment.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that is really up to you. You will probably end up like the rest of us with a box full of holsters.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have corresponded with Blackhawk Industries and so far they have no intentions of fabricating Blackhawk Serpa holsters for the Taurus Millenium Pro series. :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, so a lot of people have talked about the Black Hawk QCQ Serpa, and they say they don't make it for the PT111 Mil Pro but has anyone tried it? I just tried the XD model of the Uncle Mikes Kydex and it fit, and when comparing the 2 guns they are VERY close. Sportsmans is carrying them and I'm just waiting for them to get one in for the XD to try. I have read in several places iif it works for the XD it will work for the PT111 Mil Pro. Any Thoughts? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just called BlackHawk this morning and they said they have had a lot of requests, but so far nothing. The lady in sales said that maybe if we start emailing [email protected] and put it attn: Research and Development requesting they make them for our line of guns, they may get in gear and produce one. I'm gonna do it anyway, it can't hurt and I'd love to have one of these for my PT111 Mil Pro. I'm still gonna try the one at Sportsman's Warehouse as soon as they get them in, the shape is so close, it may just work. Otherwise I may just go for the Comp-Tac, it's at least molded for my gun specifically.

·
Registered
153 Posts
okie74 said:
Thanks.. Can you think of a better holster for concealment purposes?
Try this guy on ebay... I have an IWB holster from him for my PT145 pro, and it conceals pretty nicely. Most of the weapon goes below the waistband and the handle sticks out above the waistband. Not very luxurious, but they get the job done... made in USA too.

Click here to see holsters

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
firemax said:
Try this guy on ebay... I have an IWB holster from him for my PT145 pro, and it conceals pretty nicely. Most of the weapon goes below the waistband and the handle sticks out above the waistband. Not very luxurious, but they get the job done... made in USA too.

Click here to see holsters
Thanks for the tip, firemax. I ordered a holster for my PT145 from them on Monday afternoon, President's Day so the USPS was closed. It still arrived today, Thursday, three days later. Great service, good price and made in the USA. :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts