Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PT145 that I really like and even though there was a recall and exchange, I like mine. It shoots well, not fussy on reloads, fits my hand, higher capacity, and has replaced night sights. Taurus hasn't come up with a direct .45 replacement either. So did anyone keep theirs too?

·
Administrator
18,087 Posts
I'm keeping ALL of my "Lawsuit" Taurus Pistols, which include a PT111, 24/7 Pro 9mm, and a 24/7 OSS .45. There's nothing really wrong with them. They have great triggers and shoot very very well!

What the Lawsuit nonsense is really about:

·
Registered
32,139 Posts
I have a second generation PT145 (DAO) and it is my favorite centerfire pistol and hand cannon. I shot it for the first time in over four years last Sunday. It still shoots where I want it to, has less felt recoil than my 1911, with a little over half the weight.

The only reason I haven't shot it much in a while is parts availability. I have an extra recoil spring assembly, and three spare magazines. It is the last handgun I would give up. At age 71, I have never dropped a handgun.

·
Registered
29,944 Posts
Nothing wrong with the design in my opinion.

Only people that in some cases deliberately tried and succeeded in by passing safety mechanisms...rather than proper operation and paid for it to their detriment.

I still have my ergonomic, accurate & trouble free PT-145's and intend to keep them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,281 Posts
I have one I bought used AFTER the recall notice. It's very small and light for a .45 caliber gun. Mine is very picky about ammo for some reason, but it works with the right fodder. I don't carry it much because I've found I'm not real fast with the thumb safety on the thing, which is small and hard to deactivate until my hand is at the proper angle. THEN I have to place the hand back on the gun proper for firing, all very clumsy to do. When I do carry it, I'll often deactivate the safety in the holster when I think I see possible danger. That way I can draw the gun as if it were a Glock or something. :laugh: Yeah, I prefer my new TH9c, but the PT145 is quite accurate and concealable and it IS a .45 after all. I'll keep it for now.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Still got mine. Bought it LONG after the recall and have no intention of sending it in, unless and until they have a comparable replacement available. Which is to say, never.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
No, traded mine in on another firearm. No more striker fired pistols in my inventory.

Reactions: Newt

·
22,817 Posts
I don't have one, but if I saw a good enough deal I'd buy it. And that's from a guy who isn't really looking to add any more poly guns to the collection.

If I owned one, I would not have traded it in.

·
Super Moderator
36,977 Posts
I wish that I had kept mine. I had already purchased a PT 111 G2 in black and had another foisted on me.

·
Registered
32,139 Posts
I thought that I did, but checking my inventory turns out that I kept a black/stainless 24/7 compact in .45acp recall pistol.
There really isn't much difference in the two pistols. I think some of the 24/7 compacts had a decocking safety (could be wrong about that, but the size and wt. is nearly identical.

·
Administrator
40,151 Posts
Probably no way of ever knowing, but I wonder if more people kept them, than sent them in. I know several class pistol owners, a few with the PT145, that never heard of the settlement. They’re happy with their pistols.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I kept mine and the 132, 140, and the (7`s) of these models and want a 638 I discovered the trigger/safety issues merely by watching and caught the end of the lawsuit. I know the pistols are perfectly safe even drop safe if...FIRST RULE GUN SAFETY KEEPING FINGER OFF TRIGGER...The ID-10T`s I guess never got the memo Main one was a "COP" I used to stand beside law enforcement but if this is what is making the department these days Playing with the trigger setting safeties Better for me side with general population...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I'm keeping ALL of my "Lawsuit" Taurus Pistols, which include a PT111, 24/7 Pro 9mm, and a 24/7 OSS .45. There's nothing really wrong with them. They have great triggers and shoot very very well!

What the Lawsuit nonsense is really about:
The problem is actually the "false safety" defect alleged in the lawsuit. The pistols can be fired with the safety apparently engaged. If you use one of them in a defensive shooting, then some shyster will accuse you of doing that accidentally. The legal consequences could be disastrous. That's why I sent my .40 PT 24/7 back to Taurus and accepted the cheap G2C, which I've sold since.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The problem is actually the "false safety" defect alleged in the lawsuit. The pistols can be fired with the safety apparently engaged. If you use one of them in a defensive shooting, then some shyster will accuse you of doing that accidentally. The legal consequences could be disastrous. That's why I sent my .40 PT 24/7 back to Taurus and accepted the cheap G2C, which I've sold since.
I've got a 24/7 PRO-C. Only way I can make the safety fail is if I have intentionally
pulled the trigger back while setting the safety. I don't call this a "false safety" I call
it "operator error".

24/7 is too good a pistol to send back for a cheap PT-111

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
32,139 Posts
We all take bigger risks everyday when we buckle up our seat belts and start our cars and go onto the roadway, than the risk of an accident from a safety failure on any of these class pistols.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts