Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Nope, except the grips & sights everything else must be purchased/obtained through Taurus. Promag mags don't work quite well for it either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nope, except the grips & sights everything else must be purchased/obtained through Taurus. Promag mags don't work quite well for it either.
When you say "grips" are you talking about the stickers you put on the grips (the stair tread kind), or are there really "full rubber grip/recoil reducers" for the pt145?

·
Administrator
40,095 Posts
I've seen those stick on inserts. Not for me. There are slip on rubber grips available, like the Hogue Handall.

Reactions: Knumbskull

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
When you say "grips" are you talking about the stickers you put on the grips (the stair tread kind), or are there really "full rubber grip/recoil reducers" for the pt145?
I meant both and like Smokewagon said, I don't like the sticker type. I have a Limbsaver on my PT145.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a PT 24/7 Pro DS .45 ACP, I am wondering if it is possible to find a high capacity extended magazine for this pistol. Or any other brand of mags that will fit this model ?! Thanks for your time !

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
Each to their own, but for me putting extended magazines in concealment subcompacts defeats the purpose of the guns.

And to paraphrase the late great law man & gunwriter Charles A. "Skeeter" Skelton...

"If you haven't solved your problem with shots 1 through 11, what makes you think you'll be alive to fire shots 12 through 17?".

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
To modify a saying my high school electronics teacher told me before about watts once.

"It doesn't matter how many rounds you've got, it only matters how you use the rounds you got."

If you ever get to watch the show "Triggers" on the Military Channel, check out the one about the 1911. They had a shootout with two military trained individuals, one with a 1911 and the other with an M9. Sure the M9 has 17 rounds in it, but the good old 1911 with 8 rounds of rock and roll beat it out when the stopping power was needed to advance in the course. When you're packing a .45, there usually isn't much need to put more than one down the pipe if your aim is steady and true.

Reactions: Knumbskull

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
i do not carry extended mags, not avail for my 145 so i got a 140 now carry 2 and a truck gun no need for extra or extended mags, concern solved, ok maybe i am to cautious

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
tk u t10 i did not know that info--i have a 12rnder in my 27-7 i will try it, more caps, tks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts