Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my MilPro PT145 with tan frame for about a year now and I have had flawless performance. Until today. The gun shoots to POA and I have always liked it very much because of the features, price, and performance. I only have about 400 rds thru it so far with WWB 230 FMJ, Blazer FMJ, UMC FMJ, and some UMC 230 JHP's. Today I tried a box of Wolf for the first time. On the second shot I had a FTF. The magazine wouldn't feed the next round up at a high enough angle for it to chamber. The next 4 shots did the same thing. It only started feeding right after about round #5. The other mag did the same thing. 4 more mags and they all did the same thing over and over. (BTW the Wolf shot well when the gun was running) I had the same problem with the UMC 230 JHP's. I can tell when I load about the 6th round into the mags that they quit providing upward pressure to the rounds. They will even stick way down inside the mag and not feed to the top. From my reading on this forum, I see that many others are having this problem with not much success in finding a permanent fix. I thought this pistol was going to be my new carry piece, but I will go back to the Glock 26 until I trade the PT in on a new Glock 30SF. These guns really have some good features and pricetag, but I cant believe the mags have such a major problem.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Well I just had to post this from the manual!!

H. If magazine becomes dirty, which usually happens after 200 shots, it
should be disassembled and thoroughly cleaned. To do so, use a punch to
press in on magazine spring plate where it protrudes into the hole in the
magazine floorplate. Slide the magazine floorplate toward the front of the
magazine, taking care to prevent the forcible ejection of the magazine spring
plate and compressed magazine spring. Withdraw magazine spring plate and
magazine spring from magazine body. Turn magazine upside down and
remove magazine follower (fig. 1).
For PT 24/7 .45 ACP magazine disassembly see fig. 2.

See Page 11 & 12 about this problem.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Know your weapon and know your ammo...this weapon does like certain ammo better than others...you mentioned very, very cheap ammo, e.g., Wolf ammo is crap! Use good ammo and you will not have this problem....very simple.

"Having a weapon and thinking your are armed is like owning a piano and thinking you are a musician"

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had a Hi-Point 9C that did the same thing until I took the Mag apart and stretched the spring. Watch getting it back in though! :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
txsharpshooter said:
I have had my MilPro PT145 with tan frame for about a year now and I have had flawless performance. Until today. The gun shoots to POA and I have always liked it very much because of the features, price, and performance. I only have about 400 rds thru it so far with WWB 230 FMJ, Blazer FMJ, UMC FMJ, and some UMC 230 JHP's. Today I tried a box of Wolf for the first time. On the second shot I had a FTF. The magazine wouldn't feed the next round up at a high enough angle for it to chamber. The next 4 shots did the same thing. It only started feeding right after about round #5. The other mag did the same thing.
Check your recoil spring. There are issues. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=1590.0

·
Registered
153 Posts
dawgfvr said:
Know your weapon and know your ammo...this weapon does like certain ammo better than others...you mentioned very, very cheap ammo, e.g., Wolf ammo is crap! Use good ammo and you will not have this problem....very simple.
I tend to agree. I have had feeding problems with my PT145 Pro I bought in January. I tried Hornady 185gr JHP XTP today, and it fed flawlessly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts