Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:)What I hace to say about eh PT145 is, WOW. My first shot from about 15 ft, Bullseye!!!! My shots after that were a tad low, but I had some in the inner circle. ThisIS my new Conceal carry gun. I actually called my gun dealer and cancelled the Ruger P345. After I did that I was talking to the owner of the range, and asking about the price of one, and members bat 25% over his costs! So I can now get the Ruger P345 about 80.00 cheaper than the dealer I have bought all my guns from. So..I found my new Conceal carry weapon and my new FFL all in one day
Again I thank everyone for their advice, because I really love this Taurus PT145...great gun. I'm still most accurate with the P95 Ruger 9 MM. But the PT145 is a great pistol!!!! Now if I can find a place that sells 5 Cal ammo cheap, cause I'm going to be running allot of 45's through this and the Ruger I'm picking up tomorrow!!!!:cool:

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool indeed! The PT145 is my favorite CCW!
After shooting it today, I can see why!!!! Great pistol, I loved it. It is my CCW from when I left the range!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Taurus.JPG Took mine to the range for the first time today too. 60', offhand. little low. Have to figure out how to get some elevation on the Heinie sight.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm told to hold high on the Heinie sight, that is, cover the target. You're shooting very well, IMO. Enjoy! You will get better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm very impressed with this little gun. A buddy picked one up a few weeks ago and told me I had to get one. Ok, I'm weak. The trigger is impressive for a small, striker fired gun. It's better than some of the Glocks other friends have. Also, these are the first shots out of her. It was cold and lateer on a cloudy day but still, it did okay. The white dots on the Heinie were easy to pick up and the gun is very comfortable to shoot.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm told to hold high on the Heinie sight, that is, cover the target. You're shooting very well, IMO. Enjoy! You will get better.
Thanks for the tip on the Heinie sight. Don't know how I hit the bullseye on the first shot, wish I could have replicated it!!!! Most of my shots were low, grouped, but low

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm very impressed with this little gun. A buddy picked one up a few weeks ago and told me I had to get one. Ok, I'm weak. The trigger is impressive for a small, striker fired gun. It's better than some of the Glocks other friends have. Also, these are the first shots out of her. It was cold and lateer on a cloudy day but still, it did okay. The white dots on the Heinie were easy to pick up and the gun is very comfortable to shoot.
I was very impressed with this pistol, my CCW gun for sure!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
bre346 is absulutely right. Front sight post COVERS the intended point of impact. This is the biggest adjustment to make since the hold at 6 is out the window. For me the 145 is surprisingly my most accurate pistol. Maybe I'm just luckey! Seriously though with serious and consistent practice I have figured out how mine shoots. Remember to relax and use proper form... I switch up from an Isocoles (sp?) stance to a modified Weaver stance. It fits like a glove and just goes where I want it too... a zen thing????? I find the trigger is very nice for such a pistol. You learn where the sear breaks and trigger control becomes much more automatic. Once you shoot it enough and are able to not let the recoil, muzzle blast, etc get in your head, those groups will tighten right up.

Keep Shootin'

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I'll add to the fray. I have a number of choices when it comes to carry weapons, but the 145 is always my first choice. It's accurate, reliable, comfortable to carry and it fits my hand and feels good. What else do you want? I have it loaded with 185gr Federal Hydra Shoks. I also have some Speer Gold Dots and some Corbon, but I really like the Federals. My accuracy with a short barrel is a little better with the lighter loads.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PT145's rule.

The softest shooting sub-compact on the market.

Mine's not for sale ;)
I agree 150%, What a great shooting pistol. Mine is going to be with me everywhere!!!! I am so very imprssed with her!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll add to the fray. I have a number of choices when it comes to carry weapons, but the 145 is always my first choice. It's accurate, reliable, comfortable to carry and it fits my hand and feels good. What else do you want? I have it loaded with 185gr Federal Hydra Shoks. I also have some Speer Gold Dots and some Corbon, but I really like the Federals. My accuracy with a short barrel is a little better with the lighter loads.
I'll have to give them a try, heck I'm 52, 5'10", 147 lbs soaking wet (taking care of your Diabetis will keep the weight down was 214 lbs 1 1/2 years ago), had no problem shooting CCI Blazer 235gr I believe they were??? Anyways., I Like Federal ammo, will give it a try...really like your signature line!!!!..lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bre346 is absulutely right. Front sight post COVERS the intended point of impact. This is the biggest adjustment to make since the hold at 6 is out the window. For me the 145 is surprisingly my most accurate pistol. Maybe I'm just luckey! Seriously though with serious and consistent practice I have figured out how mine shoots. Remember to relax and use proper form... I switch up from an Isocoles (sp?) stance to a modified Weaver stance. It fits like a glove and just goes where I want it too... a zen thing????? I find the trigger is very nice for such a pistol. You learn where the sear breaks and trigger control becomes much more automatic. Once you shoot it enough and are able to not let the recoil, muzzle blast, etc get in your head, those groups will tighten right up.

Keep Shootin'
Besides my first shot being a bullseye, my grouping was really tightm just a tad low. I'm taking her back tomorrow, will get used to where to aim.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts