Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excluding the caliber difference can anyone offer pros or cons for either the PT140 versus the PT145? I've assumed .40 s/w has more recoil and maybe muzzle blast that .45 b/c of what some have said about Glocks. We have a .40 Ruger and my wife would like to stay in the same caliber even though I want to go up to the .45.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Both good weapons......if you remove the debate 40 vs 45 it a wash....the 40 may be a bit smaller, but not enough to notice

·
Registered
27 Posts
The smaller grip of the PT140 should fit smaller hands better than the larger PT145 grip. Also if you want a rail the PT145 is your only choice in Mil Pro's. Otherwise the two are the same design and size.
Dallas Jack

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Since I'd heard about .40/.45 recoil differences in the Glocks I figured the PT140 might kick a little more than the PT145. Didn't know about the grip size differences and the rail is another good thought. Again, thanks.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Dallas Jack said:
The smaller grip of the PT140 should fit smaller hands better than the larger PT145 grip. Also if you want a rail the PT145 is your only choice in Mil Pro's. Otherwise the two are the same design and size.
Dallas Jack
I saw some of the PT140's at the gun show reciently that had the rail. Taurus is producing enough different variations that it is really hard to definitively say... some have rails, but are 2nd Gen. Appears as though they are using up inventory creating some hybrids?

·
Registered
14 Posts
If im not wrong anything smaller than the .45 in a mill pro comes with the ribber grips. Im a little skeptical about those. I dunno if they would last after a lot of use.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
nitinsharma1000 said:
If im not wrong anything smaller than the .45 in a mill pro comes with the ribber grips. Im a little skeptical about those. I dunno if they would last after a lot of use.
Actually, that's the 24/7 you're thinking of. All Mil Pros come with polymer grips---no "ribber".

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are worried about the size of the grip, but still want a .45, go with the PT-745. It is basically the same size as the PT-140. I have small hands, but want to carry a .45 so I got the 2nd generation PT-745 thats DAO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
MPanova said:
MPanova, you know where I can find a PT145 in Houston for around $320? I saw it on Buds, but buy the time I pay the FFL dealer and shipping I'll be up to around $374-$400. I called around to some places yesterday and the best price I found was $360.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You might be able to find one on sale at Carters Country but I doubt it, Gander is way to high on them, Academy has a good price on a 24/7 but so far I have not seen any Mil Pro's there, Most of the small local shops are going to charge close to 400 for them and still try to tell you they are junk because its not a GLOCK or Sig lol Your best bet is to wait for the big gun shows to come to town, the last one I went to a few weeks ago was pretty good, most places were selling the PT145 and 140 for 280-340. It all depends on stainless or not and most of them will price match if someone a few tables down has the exact same one for 20 bucks less

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep, I've tried most of those places you listed except Academy. The best price I found was at Baileys House of Guns for $364. Pro Defense gave me a decent price but I cant remember what it was! ??? I cant wait until the next gun shoe unless there is one before the end of the month. The reason being is because my wife is going to get it for me as a birthday gift at the end of the month. Maybe there will be one in Pasadena this month. I'm just trying to save the Misses a little cash, cause she said $400 is a lot for a gun!! :'( When I dropped $450 on a Fendi wallet on her birthday! ::), so I really shouldnt even be stressing the price.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Im sure there will be a show this month somewhere . The next big one a Relient is next month so that would nto work for you, I have heard good things about some Pawn shop that goes to all the shows and sells alot of guns at good prices, I think its called Bachman Pawn and Guns or something like that

·
Registered
84 Posts
MrMayFace,
I wish I lived in Houston, I'd sell you my 140MilPro with all the holsters and 400 rounds of ammo for $325. I find it very difficult to see a difference in size between the 40 and 45. I know there is one but very minimal. I'd imagine the 45 will be heavier fully loaded. I've shot both quite a bit and the .40 does have more muzzle flip to it. It's not uncontrollable though by any means once you shoot a box or two through it.
I personally like the .40 out of a 3" barrel over a .45 out of a 3" barrel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts