Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
The Promag or Ruger speed loader is a simple stamped steel unit that works well on all double stacks.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Jkwas said:
The Promag or Ruger speed loader is a simple stamped steel unit that works well on all double stacks.
only thing good about those is they are smaller than the Maglula, and could be pocket carried easier. If you need to reload that way. But for range, or outdoor reloading I love that thing, Maglula that is.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That maglula is the best 24 bucks I ever spent

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I can tell you from experience that the HKS loader does not work with the PRO series.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Robby said:
only thing good about those is they are smaller than the Maglula, and could be pocket carried easier. If you need to reload that way. But for range, or outdoor reloading I love that thing, Maglula that is.
I've tried the Ruger for the P95 (I bet they're all the same) and it didn't like to work with my clips, was wider than the rear of the mouth at the top of my mag.

·
Registered
878 Posts
sholiz said:
I've tried the Ruger for the P95 (I bet they're all the same) and it didn't like to work with my clips, was wider than the rear of the mouth at the top of my mag.
That's weird. Maybe you had a bad one. I have the Promag version and it works with both my P89 and my Pt111. I know the P-series mags are all interchangeable. Love my P89.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just tonight bought the HKS Model 940 speed loader for my 3 day old Mil Pro PT140 and it was the biggest waste of 12.00 ever. This thing does not work... and it sure is not speedy. The maglula uplula looks like it is a MUCH better design. Shouldn't have been so hasty and just ordered the uplula when I saw it online yesterday... I am going right now to order it and tomorrow back to the shop to return the other one!

If you have a PT140 do not get an HKS Model 940.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered the Maglula and the Uplula. Between the two I will be able to load my Beretta, Taurus and Bushmaster.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jkwas said:
That's weird. Maybe you had a bad one. I have the Promag version and it works with both my P89 and my Pt111. I know the P-series mags are all interchangeable. Love my P89.
It was maybe 1/32nd of an inch off, just BARELY would not fit in there. I wasn't about to start bending or filing anything at the range, I'm just going to order a Uplula. My mags have loosened up real well, and the 16 magazines I put off today didn't leave my thumbs hurting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
the maglula looks like a great tool, and seems well worth the money. at a gun show, however, i found another product (don't remember the brand, i'll have to find it at the house). it was really a plastic ring with a little post sticking down, about 1/4 inch round, 1/2 inch long, and grooved to straddle a round lightly. you put that ring on your thumb, straddle the round with the post, push down, and stick a new round in. it's the best 5 bucks i've spent to tide me over till i feel like purchasing the maglula. i found it online, but the 6 bucks in shipping turned me off (how expensive can shipping and handling really be???), then found one of the company distro's at the show. came with three sizes. gave the bigger one to my dad, and he loves it over that stamped metal one with his ruger.

i thought that i could modify one of those HKS speed loaders... not possible. the swing-arm was too far back, pushing the rim of the case at too concentrated a spot (as opposed to a good 1/4 inch of purchase or so). this often tipped the bullet up and just caused an imasculating feeling about loading a magazine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a new pt 145 which came with a speedloader, 2 mags, and locking keys in the box. The speedloader resembles the one the link opens to.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Xtech said:
I just bought a new pt 145 which came with a speedloader, 2 mags, and locking keys in the box. The speedloader resembles the one the link opens to.
The ring with stem type or the Uplula? Did it come from Taurus with it?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Go with the Uplula. It may cost more but it will work with almost any pistol mag. Mine works with my 9mm Keltec mags, .40 and .45 Taurus mags, Glock 9s and FN 9s.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have to be another cheerleader for Magpul's UPLULA. Yes, there are some other good loaders out there, but I don't believe any can work on as wide a variety of magazines as the UPLULA, so instead of buying one for a doublestack, one for .45 single stacks, etc., etc., this one does it all! Well, almost all...I've heard theres a short list it doesn't work well with, but in my 5 pistols and carbine, it does them all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts