Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 3rd gen PT140 last week and put 90 rounds through it. Even before firing I noticed that there is a little play with regards to slide to frame fit. If I swing the gun side to side I can make it rattle a little. There is also a little bit of play up and down. The play is worse with no magazine. With a loaded magazine, the rounds push against the slide and hold it tighter. Is this normal for the Millenium Pro series? If so is it to ensure reliablility?

·
Administrator
40,679 Posts
I have a 9mm and 45acp Millennium Pro and neither does this. May or may not be a problem depending on how severe it is. I would have an expert (gunsmith) check it out. :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did some searching on google and it seems some 1911s are prone to a loose slide/frame fit. Also found a thread about Glock 30s having the same condition. I just checked my PT140 again and right now I have a mag inserted w/ one in the chamber and the slide feels pretty tight. I will still have a smith check it out though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just checked mine, and I do have a very slight rattle, which I've never deemed to be a problem, since the gun is accurate and reliable.
I have a Colt Gold Cup National Match that rattles the same way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for checking everyone, I'm not so worried about it anymore. I put another 90 rounds through it last week and this little pistol is accurate and I didn't have any failures. I didn't have any problems w/ the Heinie sight picture, but I'm not sure if I would like a 3-dot setup better.

I handled a new PT145 at the range to see if there was any rattle and there was none.

·
32,790 Posts
There is a thing called sight black that can be put over the dots if you so desire. There are other ways to color out the dots.

I use a sight standard sight picture and forget the dots when shooting. Mass produced brands of guns have this problem as a normal thing with dot sights of just about any kind.

Then there are those who it is the software and not the hardware. Many problems stem from unfamiliarity to shooting techniques.

Hard to tell when others say that the sights are the problem or are shooting off center one way or another. We as staff and members are not there to see all the factors involved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I find the straight 8 sights lend to fast target aquisition, however, when I'm shooting slowfire I ignore the dots and revert to a standard sight picture.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a PT140 handgun today 3 13. Shot twenty rounds and noticed a slide to frame rattle. I currently have a 709 and a pt138 and none of these guns has a slide to frame rattle issue. Any advice on whether I should go back to the store I bought the gun from or should I contact Taurus directly

·
Registered
733 Posts
checked both of my MIL PRO'S..no rattles or play...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.