Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my 1st time on the forum as I just bought my first Taurus. I came back from the range and started to clean it. After pulling the pin, I got the barrel hung up inside. Now it won't go back or forward. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't want to send it to the factory since I heard it takes a couple of months to get them back. Thanks Doug

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Welcome!

First, be careful, it'll pinch ya.

mine just did this tonight and I wiggled it a little. I don't remember, but if it is cocked it may not allow the slide to come all the way off. Someone that has paid more attention to what they have done will chime in.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I believe you need to pull the trigger while you push that slide forward, and it should all come off

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Hi this is my 1st time on the forum as I just bought my first Taurus. I came back from the range and started to clean it. After pulling the pin, I got the barrel hung up inside. Now it won't go back or forward. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't want to send it to the factory since I heard it takes a couple of months to get them back. Thanks Doug
Welcome from Texas & congrats on the PT140!

I found this video on YouTube for you:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, since the link above does not work, try as others have said, ensure the firearm is unloaded, pull the trigger while pushing the slide forward and try wiggling the slide and barrel slightly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the come back, this thing is frozen up ,will not wiggle a bit, so off to the factory it goes. what a bummer , thanks again doug

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I would take it to a local shop first. Find a good smith and he probably won't even charge you to look at it if it is something easy.

where are you located? I bet someone can recommend a place to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called Taurus, fl they told me to push the trigger(trigger was all the way back during this) with force to the front, i did this and it loosened up ok to disassemble now.
sure saved me having to send it back for repairs.
thanks for all the help------- Doug

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
go back to where you bought it first, they should be able to help. good luck.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Congratulations !!! Glad to hear Taurus CS did not ask you to "Mail it In for a Fix" HOLY COW - You'd be without your gun for a while (never good).

My first Taurus was a Used, PT140 Pro (Second gen). I spent the first few days doing nothing but taking it appart & reassembling it (for practice)... I was PARANOID that I was going to "break something", fortunately I haven't (so far). I think it took me a week before I could get out to shoot it, by then I was well prepared , and understood how everything worked on it, as well as how to clean & oil it afterwards...

Sounds like your off to a Good start - "Carry On" (to quote the Taurus Ad)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Happy to hear your problem is solved. I have a couple PT-140's and haven't had any problems with them other than dropping the mag. Taurus took care of me on that as well.

Sure would like to see pictures of that pistol of yours!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts