Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my pt140 a while and I ordered the williams fire sights and the 24/7 mag with spacers cause I really like the pistol and wanted to carry it. I also thought man I want to make mine unique so I sent it off to my polish guy and he sent me a progress pic today.... What do you all think????

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
What is he going to use to seal it? I ask because I made the mistake of polishing intake and valve covers on my engine without sealing it. Now I have to do it again.

Should look real good when finished. Post completed pics when you get it back.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I think it will look great!

But do you think there maybe some glare off the top of slide interfering with the sights? Probably would only happen under extremely bright sun or lights. Just stating this as some manufacturers purposely tone-down the metal between the sights.

That said, I can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
That looks nice but the glare from the sun if your shoot outdoors could be a bit troublesome. I resume that is a stainless steel slide?

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
That otta be an "Eye Full" on "Sunny" days...

Your future's so bright, you gotta wear shades...

·
Registered
172 Posts
It is 420 grade stainless steel. Polishes up like a mirror and actually holds up very well!
Now I want to polish my PT-145!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i thought about the glare issue but the williams sights are set very high so i think it will be ok. i will post finished pics for sure and yes its a stainless slide.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
untitled.jpg for anyone that will say "his finger is on the trigger!!!" the gun was just assembled (no chambered rd, or mag inserted) and I was dry firing during the pic because my poslish guy actually broke the slide completely down, slide lock and all. :cool:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Your booger picker is on the bang switch :p Looks good, but damn those adjustable sights are HUGE!!! IMO it's to shiny for a CCW, but would be a good range toy the way you have it set up.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
27,090 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I might do the sides. They look good. I have the same sights and much prefer them over the tiny heinie's. I'd leave the top strap dull to reduce the glare, though. JMO

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Very nice, great job!

You won't have to shoot the bad guy, just blind him.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I LIKE it! High polish with some black inlay would look good on my pt140! Hmmmmmmm got me thinking now....

CreekFisher

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very nice and you sure made it your own! Congrats!

........................Twin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts