Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never owned a Taurus but I'm currently considering a PT111 in titanium. Do these come in SA/DA or DA only. I'm getting conflicting advise. Thanks for clearing this up.

Also, how's the trigger on these guns? Smooth? How many lbs.? Easy to stay on target?

Are the sights night sights?

Who's currently got the best price?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Vipereater said:
I've never owned a Taurus but I'm currently considering a PT111 in titanium. Do these come in SA/DA or DA only. I'm getting conflicting advise. Thanks for clearing this up.

Also, how's the trigger on these guns? Smooth? How many lbs.? Easy to stay on target?

Are the sights night sights?

Who's currently got the best price?
SA/DA on all the current generation 3 Mil Pro's

My trigger is smooth, but there is bit longer takeup prior to firing under SA. Also, a lot of people myself included find them shooting low and to the left. Some say they come to you after a few hundred rounds, others have no problems. Mine was still shooting low to the left last time I shot.

Sights on all I have seen are Heinie Straight 8.

Best price will vary by week, dealer, etc. You can check online sites, local dealers and look for your best price.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Ok, from the information available, Gen 2 is DA only. Recoil, I found to be virtual nothing, and I was away from shooting for many years. The only problem I have had was due to the short barrel.

I have bought from Buds, but a new gun. This must be in their resale ones. Of course Taurus warranty stands behind it too.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
How long is your life! Taurus has a life time warranty, but you pay the shipping costs to send it in, with an approved return authorization. Shipping must be done overnite, and no post office shipping due to laws.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well a few months ago, I got mine for about $323, but I got a $25 rebate check too, so actual cost was $298.

I have seen them from just over 300 to just under. But I bought Blued, not stainless. Stainless is gonna cost you more!!

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yep probably would!! My PT111 is basic blue, and that is what I like. even my 357, and 22lr/22mag is black. The Judge just looks so great in Satin Stainless that I fell in love with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love my new pt111. Mine is DAO. The trigger does take some getting used to as all DAO triggers do. It is worth it to me for the reliability. The gun is excellent. You can easily by night sights for the gun if that's you're thing. You'll love the gun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts